• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Charger - BLACK - NOT MINE - Looks Good - 12K OBO

My reply to their reply was-

"We are also 'serious buyers', with cash.....and don't need to ask the wife's permission".

Car sold.

:cursin:

Guess 3 hours after the listing went up was too late.

My reply to their reply was-

"We are also 'serious buyers', with cash.....and don't need to ask the wife's permission".
I have also used " I am xx miles away and can leave right now." In case the "serious buyer" decides not to show, or is talking about coming out in two days. Or wasn't as serious.
When I sell things, first one there gets it unless you have an appointment the same day or early the next.

Guess 3 hours after the listing went up was too late.
Stuff like this is always fate who sees the ad first and lives close enough/has money in the sock drawer to go pick it up.
Too bad, but that's how it goes.

Seems like they had an appointment at a specific time.

Looks like they got their asking price and not "OBO".

Anyone want to bet-

1- it shows up on craigslist or ebay

2- how long until that happens

3- at what price

1...yes
2...within a week
3...$25,000. 00 obo and take $17, 000.00
Just a guess.

Last edited:
No bet. Actually I’m going with it will show up on Facebook. I think 25 grand will be the asking price.

Seems like they had an appointment at a specific time.

Looks like they got their asking price and not "OBO".

Anyone want to bet-

1- it shows up on craigslist or ebay

2- how long until that happens

3- at what price
They will get it running, so at least a week. Figure two days troubleshooting it, a day waiting on a part or something, a day changing the oil so it looks pretty and making sure the radiator shows green when you open the cap, and a day washing it and vacuuming the inside/spraying armorall all over it(which will DESTROY that old interior in about 6 weeks)

So, next weekend, but more likely Monday after.
Price? well once it runs and looks shiny, I bet $19,750 OBO. Title will be in Grandpa's name yet from this sale with the power of attorney letter stapled on it yet from this seller. Quick sale, no records kept, cash only and pocket the $6k give or take once someone shows up and says $18k and then gets haggled up to closer to 18.5 or 18.75. That person will think they got a good deal, of course, being oblivious to what just happened.

I had this happen to me with a '74 Cutlass about a year ago. nice old lady sold husbands car to a guy from Madison that tripled the price and sold it in 7 days.
2 years ago a guy had a 1970 Pontiac(GTO I think, may have been lemans I don;t remember, it was a small 2 door black car) that had sat in his driveway for 10 years, was moldy looking but you could see the car under it. I called him, car sold. Next weekend it was powerwashed/armoralled and selling on CL for 4x the price.
'75 olds W-30. needed engine rebuilt, clean otherwise minus some work on the seats. Asking 8k down south by Madison. Car sells in one day, shows up 3 weeks later for $29k.

On the one hand, I get really peeved about this, because all three of those I would have kept for at least a few years, the W-30 is on my short list I would have passed it to my son when I died. On the other hand, this is the USA and people can sell their crap for whatever they want because it is their crap.

Not a big fan of those cars but that one in particular was a great buy and not terrible since it had a good color. I also agree that it will be relisted shortly more than likely STILL ON THE TRAILER as bought...

Put me down for:

3 weeks

and for the powerball-

they'll take 18

6K profit for the price of a cap, rotor and condenser.

Not a big fan of those cars but that one in particular was a great buy and not terrible since it had a good color. I also agree that it will be relisted shortly more than likely STILL ON THE TRAILER as bought...
Good call out, photos will be on the trailer if it was a simple fix to get running

I might still be a buyer at 16-18K

Black on black car, 383-4, AC, pass side mirror, PB.

Unmolested seemingly 100%

Might even be original paint.

Might be survivor tent material.

I would keep that car for the rest of my life.

That's a good idea.

I've done that before several times with 0% success rate, though.

I have seen tht happen with a Duster, the guy bought it for 10k. A month later it was listed for 20k.

Auto Transport Service
Back