• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Charger Hemi 4 spd Console HELP

SpicerSixty

Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score
Looking for information on my 1966 Hemi Charger console... finally got the car vacuumed out and the console has what looks like a cutout for the 4 speed shifter... I cannot find any other 1966 Charger with the 4 speed located in this location. The others I find have the shifter coming up directly through the middle of the console. As far as I know all 1966 chargers had the full front to rear console? The mounting brackets for the console are definitely factory original and the hole/boot location on the trans tunnel is definitely factory. Everything is factory, and it is definitely a 1966 Hemi car. Any information would be appreciated. I am thinking a very early build as I know the 66 hemi chargers were a last minute thought and a bit pieced together... thank you.

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

Looks correct from what I can see. The shifter arm has a dogleg to bring it over to the center of the console opening. You do need the big blister piece that secures to the side of the console and conceals the shifter mechanism. It’s a pressed board piece that I think Classic Carrie’s as well as others.

Here is a picture of one with the dogleg? Was the shifter arm missing when you picked up the car?

IMG_1279.png

Looks correct from what I can see. The shifter arm has a dogleg to bring it over to the center of the console opening. You do need the big blister piece that secures to the side of the console and conceals the shifter mechanism. It’s a pressed board piece that I think Classic Carrie’s as well as others.
Perfect, glad to hear you think this is normal.

It's all good. Same scenario as every other b body with a console 4 spd

100% original to me. The correct shifter handle should not be to hard to find.

Auto Transport Service
Back