• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Coronet 440 road worthy build

been busy on the ol girl. she got new plugs, wires, larger jets on the 4bbl carburetor (went from 80's to 82's), ditched the 22" radiator w/dual electric 10" fans for an OEM 26" radiator, matching shroud, engine driven oem 7 blade fan, and a spring in the lower radiator hose. new moroso throttle cables, new coil bracket, new aluminum water pump and housing, new mopar performance aluminum valve covers, retimed the engine and a tune of the carburetor. also removed the choke cable components on the carburetor and decided to run her without an air cleaner to get as much air as possible in there. she runs so much better and way cooler now.

IMG_9159.jpg

IMG_9152.jpg

IMG_9088.jpg

IMG_9089.jpg

IMG_9047.jpg

IMG_9002.jpg

IMG_8998.jpg

IMG_8972.jpg

IMG_8886.jpg

IMG_8883.jpg

had some more time over the past few weeks to spend with the ol' girl. found out my ground wire from the battery was about 6' long, wound up a bunch of times, and grounded at the back of the block. shortened it to about 8" or so and double grounded it at the front drivers side and rear passenger side (to the firewall) of the block. also decided to run the 4 barrel double pumper carburetor without the air filter, so i put a velocity stack on there for more forced air, and to protect anything from entering the motor by way of the carb. took off the ugly long studs for the valve covers and put some socket head bolts to clean it up. started going to a local cars and coffee meet every tuesday, and my fancy aluminum cylindrical coolant catch/return can started leaking. replaced that with a plastic one and it works way better. Wanted to get the ignition coil away from the heat coming from the valley pan on top of the block, and wanted to get it vertical to prevent the oil prematurely leaking from it (before i can scrounge up for a full MSD system). got the idea from a friend to take a heavy duty alternator bracket i had laying around and bend it to create a mount. works great. then gave her an oil change today. valvoline VR1 20w/50 for the extra zinc for flat tappets, and a K&N filter. up next, steel braided fuel line and new fuel filter

IMG_9272.jpg

IMG_9266.jpg

IMG_9263.jpg

IMG_9198.jpg

IMG_9197.jpg

IMG_9192.jpg

IMG_9191.jpg

IMG_9190.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back