• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Coronet 440 side trim

dammstrate

Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
If you look at my Avatar picture, you can see the only side trim on my 440 is down low,
near the rocker panels. I have seen very few other cars like this, most 440s seem to have a second trim piece down the mid-beltline. Was that an option?

I believe the midline trim is standard for Coronet 440s. Ours has it, and I have never seen an original without it. Coronet Deluxes had a trim that had a shortened front fender spear. If your car is missing it, I would think it may have been removed in the past.

I have seen a couple like mine, they were restored close to original like mine. Maybe sometimes people can't find the piece(s) if they are gnarley.

Is the OP's car a 66?

Pic shows a 67 front end, but thread is titled 66.

66 440 and 500 side trim is VERY different, as I'm sure most know.

440 goes right down the center from almost the front of the fender to almost the quarter extension, while 500 is rocker molding and those rectangles under the side rear window.

67 is much more similar, at the lower body line, with 500 being thicker.

Auto Transport Service
Back