• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1966 Coronet Bracket car

Status
Not open for further replies.

theman440

Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
For Sale
What I have here is a 1966 Coronet 440 bracket car that I’ve owned since 1989, it’s been a race car since 1997. It still wears 90% of its original WW1 Spinnaker white paint. The only rust in this car is surface rust in trunk floor and in lower corners of the rear window. It has 2 small dents in drivers fender. All of the trim is present and very nice. Body mods consist of a fiberglass hood w/modified RO scoop, fiberglass front bumper with fabricated aluminum brackets, it retains its stock wheel wells. It’s got a 6-point roll cage and sub-frame connectors. Back seat has been removed, the mandated rear firewall is present and carpeted in rear. Except for the A/C and heater box being removed the car has a complete and nice interior. Original door panels, dash pad and headliner, carpet has been replaced and front bench re- covered (in factory pattern). Seat has slot in it for the crotch strap of the harness. All electrics work, headlites, wipers, turn signals, backup lights, lighter, running lights, glove box and trunk lights. Even the radio works (AM) All windows operate (factory tint) doors lock. All of the factory gauges work (fuel only being used currently) The car rolls on Weld Drag-Stars, Hoosier front runners and Hoosier 30X9 Radial slicks. Car weighs roughly 3450lbs. Front brakes are ’74 Dart manual disc, 10” drums in rear, 8 ¾ rear, 4.56 w/spool and aftermarket 30 spline axles, aluminum driveshaft. Car runs a full Caltracs set up including shocks and monoleafs. Engine is a .030 over 440/727 combo that has gone a best of 10.58@126 at my home track (2100ft altitude) that translates to a sea-level corrected 10.32@129. The car uses a MSD Digital-6 ignition w/Mopar distributor, electric water pump drive and has a brand new Griffin radiator w/shroud, an overkill Aeromotive return type fuel system, stock tank has bungs welded in for fuel system , dual optima batteries in trunk. Here are some engine and trans info:
.030 over 440
11:1 custom Arias flat tops
Steel crank, fully prepped LY rods, main studs, windage tray, ½ pickup
Out of the box Indy EZ heads, bee hive springs w/titanium retainers
Crane mechanical flat tappet (custom DLI grind) yes that’s Dick Landy Industries
Port matched Edelbrock Victor, 1050 Dominator, CPPA 2” primary tube headers w/extensions
Turbo Action manual 727 w/ Red eagle clutches, billet rear piston, 5-friction front drum, Kevlar rear band, ATI 5000 rpm convertor. CSR Carbon fiber scattershield. Turbo action Cheetah shifter w/new cable ***6 passes on freshened trans and convertor***
This car is fast, reliable and goes straight. It will pass NHRA tech. It is not your typical gutted and cut up race car and could easily put back on the street if so desired. It could also easily be set up for NSS racing. I’ve tried to represent the car as accurately as possible – but please feel free to ask any questions. I can provide more photos upon request. Car is located in Las Vegas 20K or best offer.
DSCF1551.jpg

DSC05021.jpg

DSC05025.jpg

010.gif

x2

Can't build it for that.

My first was a white 66 with blue int.

Don't be afraid - you won't be disappointed with this car, price is negotiable. Accepting cash or cashiers check - no trades. Please feel free to ask any Q's - more photos upon request. I may also be able to help deliver within 300 miles.

Making a Magazine...

Hey there you have one beautiful car!

If I were smart, I would scrap (sell) mine and buy yours for all you have in it!

Just thumbing through the new "Chrysler Power" July wrag and noticed your car on the TOC page..!

That's got to be worth a couple of extra thousand...Lol.

Great luck with the sale!

If I were smart, I would scrap (sell) mine and buy yours for all you have in it!

Just thumbing through the new "Chrysler Power" July wrag and noticed your car on the TOC page..!

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe I should list all the other Mags the car's been in.

Open to offers ! Don't know if anyone cares but this car has been in 4 magazines - MCG, National Dragster, Muscle car Review and Chrysler Power.

I just noticed you are in SoCal - the car and myself are from the San Gabriel valley. Where are you?

I live out in Agoura Hills...

Thanks for the opportunity but your about a month late...

Car is in the body shop for paint now. Front end brightwork at the plater and the short block is coming together as I type this.

Hoping to have it done for MATS in April!
(Pending funds...Lol)

Good luck again with your sale for a beautiful car.

Price reduced - 18K obo

BTW - has clear CA title.

What a beautiful car. Good luck w sale, someono's gonna get a hell of a car.

Car still for sale - 16K or best offer, has new 5-point harness installed and a few more passes on it since original post. Don't really want to sell it but just can't afford to go racing anymore.

Thanks FBBO

are the pictures that are on the photobucket link what the car presently looks like now.

Am I seeing curb feelers on the starboard side?:glasses1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back