• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1966 Dodge Charger 440/727/8.75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah

Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
For sale or possible mopar trade:

1966 Dodge Charger

Clean Body, paint fair. The color is from a 2000 Escalade with lots of gold pearl. It looks very cool at night!
440-4 barrel with HP manifolds and a QuickFuel 750 Vac. secondary carb
Front and rear sway bars
Road race torsion bars and 11.75" front disc brakes with new rotors. (I have converted the brakes from power to manual since the engine picture was taken last fall.)
Dash lights work however gauges need to be calibrated and the fuel gauge is not working in the EL dept!
727 TF trans, shifts great
8.75" rear end with highway gears for cruising
Headlight motors function, one relay needs work.

Nice car that is driven often. Very reliable. It has been to Redding, Medford, and Eugene in the last month.

Must sell, out of indoor storage space.

$8500 OBO, feel free to make me a reasonable offer.

You choose the wheels!

Open to mopar trades. Please, no more ATV/Dirt Bike/Camaro/Sheep Dog/Llama/Children trade offers.

here are some pics:

http://klamath.craigslist.org/cto/3305892023.html

Modified by staff-NO TELEPHONE NUMBERS-READ THE RULES!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
100_6469.jpg

"Modified by staff-NO TELEPHONE NUMBERS-READ THE RULES!!!!!!!!!"

Sorry mods, a little brain dead from working double shifts this week. Thank you for the correction.

No problem.....

Tell me more about the Charger. Was there any rust repair done when painted last? Is there rust problems now on the car?

What are the black wheels on it as well? I can not tell from the pictures. Also the other wheels are they the original ones?

What was the original motor in the Charger?

If you have the fender tag please post or send the info I would like to decode the car.

Do you know the original paint color?

I would love to see more pictures as well.

Thanks and sorry for so many questions, but I dig the car.

Thats a couple real nice Chargers there!! Good luck..

Hey Red I never seen where you become a moderator, i somehow missed it but CONGRATS to you! Good luck in your watching over us misfits..

Tell me more about the Charger. Was there any rust repair done when painted last? Is there rust problems now on the car?

What are the black wheels on it as well? I can not tell from the pictures. Also the other wheels are they the original ones?

What was the original motor in the Charger?

If you have the fender tag please post or send the info I would like to decode the car.

Do you know the original paint color?

I would love to see more pictures as well.

Thanks and sorry for so many questions, but I dig the car.

Still working 3rd and 1st shift so let me see if I can answer everything. If not kick me in the head or something...

The car is not rusty at all. I did not paint it however it came from Sacramento, CA and has lived here in the high desert for at least 15 years that I know of. The underside of this car is beautiful. Wait...I take that back. There is some rust in between the caulk and trunk lid skin. I assume they acid dipped it and did not removed the causlk so it started rusting. I have a spare trunk lid that was going to be installed when I painted the car, which it needs if you want to show it. Lots of little chips and a light garage dent on the upper passenger fender.

The wheels are mopar cop car wheels. I have a set of c-body rally wheels and a set of centerline telstars that have been poweder coated black. Those have studded tires on them.

This is an original 318 car, the fender tag is there and indicates 318/auto, white with gold guts and 2 watt AM radio. Nothing special which makes it great hotrod material.

I will post more pictures but let me warn you there are 500 of them. My intent is to give this mechanically solid non-rusty driver a good home and I believe in FULL disclosure of every flaw I can find (to a fault). I have already scared off several buyers! In the next day or two I will make a list of things I have done, and things that need to be addressed.

If for some reason this car stays with us I will keep driving it because it is reliable as hell and handles great.

Still working 3rd and 1st shift so let me see if I can answer everything. If not kick me in the head or something...

The car is not rusty at all. I did not paint it however it came from Sacramento, CA and has lived here in the high desert for at least 15 years that I know of. The underside of this car is beautiful. Wait...I take that back. There is some rust in between the caulk and trunk lid skin. I assume they acid dipped it and did not removed the causlk so it started rusting. I have a spare trunk lid that was going to be installed when I painted the car, which it needs if you want to show it. Lots of little chips and a light garage dent on the upper passenger fender.

The wheels are mopar cop car wheels. I have a set of c-body rally wheels and a set of centerline telstars that have been poweder coated black. Those have studded tires on them.

This is an original 318 car, the fender tag is there and indicates 318/auto, white with gold guts and 2 watt AM radio. Nothing special which makes it great hotrod material.

I will post more pictures but let me warn you there are 500 of them. My intent is to give this mechanically solid non-rusty driver a good home and I believe in FULL disclosure of every flaw I can find (to a fault). I have already scared off several buyers! In the next day or two I will make a list of things I have done, and things that need to be addressed.

If for some reason this car stays with us I will keep driving it because it is reliable as hell and handles great.

Hey no problem I know what its like to work that many hours. I used to work 80 plus hours a week and at times I never slept and worked on into the next shift and then right back into my shift.

When you get a chance just let me know and I will also pm you my email I would like to see some more pictures. What scared the others off?

I would like it with the black cop wheels and I'm looking for something I can either hot rod and show or restore back to a driver and a driver show car. I want to have fun with my next MOPAR.

I will send my email and go from there but no rush on the pics man like I said I know what its like to work crazy hours with no time. I had a stroke at 29 years old from doing these hours for a little over five years and I'm just now getting back on track or some kind of track.

Thanks Ron....no probem...I know where you all hang out!

Ok, more pictures...100_6471 (Large).jpg100_6197 (Large).jpg100_6198 (Large).jpg100_6200 (Large).jpg100_6202 (Large).jpg100_6204 (Large).jpg100_6459 (Large).jpg100_6462 (Large).jpg

Attachments

• 100_6199 (Large).jpg
    100_6199 (Large).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,544
Thanks for the email and all the pics I sent an email back to you with a few questions and I didn't see anything to scary me away yet lol.

I am originally from WI so I am really careful when I describe stuff to people far away. Do I get the "Most honest, upfront seller of the year" award yet? lol I sent you a few pages of info on the car that you will find helpful. It would kill me to have someone buy the car and be upset about something they felt I neglected to mention or tried to hide. We have had too much fun in the car to have it cause problems. I'd rather keep having fun.

Stay tuned and thank you for the interest.

OK folks I sanded down the trunk and found some pitting and a few pin holes. I did clean the heck out of the quarter panel extension area in between it and the quarter skin and cannot find any evidence of body work. I will put more picstures up later today once I get the trunk epoxy primed....

More scary pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/102716472145789134083/October142012

After a super long day of all things Mopar here is the second set of pics detailing the bottom of the car:

https://picasaweb.google.com/102716472145789134083/October142012PartTwo

As you can see the last two pictures clearly illustrate the reason for the sale....too much stuff!

Thank you,

Jeremiah

Also, something to think about...

If you buy my car, I will drive it as far as Wisconsin to meet your transporter (or you!). My mom would love to see me and you would be her hero. : )

After a super long day of all things Mopar here is the second set of pics detailing the bottom of the car:

https://picasaweb.google.com/102716472145789134083/October142012PartTwo

As you can see the last two pictures clearly illustrate the reason for the sale....too much stuff!

Thank you,

Jeremiah

Also, something to think about...

If you buy my car, I will drive it as far as Wisconsin to meet your transporter (or you!). My mom would love to see me and you would be her hero. : )

That car is really nice and really a clean 66 Charger. How bad is the trunk? Also thank you for all the emails with the pictures.

It's not bad at all. I took even more pictures from the bottom and of the areas we have talked about. It is currently sealed back up in epoxy primer. If you want to talk through the photo's that you have questions about give me a call or tell me when to call you.

Photo's 1-12 in the 10-14-2012 gallery who the trunk sanded down to bare metal with close ups of the rusted parts. If I ever get around to painting the car I'd cut an patch the two little spots but with how small they are now that it is neutralized/sealed from air and moisture I doubt it will cause any problems within our life time.

Thanks again for looking! My g/f thinks I am nuts for doing this while the car is for sale but it needed to be done. I appreciate any motivation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back