• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1966 Dodge Charger 440/727/8.75

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a pretty gppd photographer.

I like the one with the girl and tree.

Lookslike the "subject" of the shot is the long road dtretching off into the distance, and the car and girl frame it with the tree for added interest and to maybe even call your attention to the girl on the other side.

Sorry, it spoke to me :)

A few pics of the trunk repainted...fyi car goes on ebay some time next week. 100_6755.jpg100_6754.jpg

Thank you. I secretly, deep down hope it doesn't sell but I need a beater car that is actually a beater. I wish I had somebody with a four door Coronet or something that wanted to trade a little cash and a sedan for this one. I am really chomping at the bit to build another sleeper four door with a four speed.

*PRE-EBAY SPECIAL*

I will throw in a 4.150" stroke six bolt, standard mopar rod journal crank brand new in the box in if you buy this car before it goes on ebay. I was going to use it for this project anyway so I won't miss this one if the car gets sold! Offer good until Sunday at midnight PST.....

100_6757.jpg

That is my poor old '70 W100 and it is rough! Daily driver rough so it is still in service but not a good candidate for resto. If you are still interested PM me and we can talk. Not many short box sweptline W100's hanging around these days.

you know I keep looking at this car and wondering how solid the body is and suspension and stuff.... you said you need a beater .. I would consider a trade for my 70 SS possibly.. I've done a ton of work to it it needs some more but has an awesome running 440 in it and all new you name it .. built from the suspension/brakes up... You can see my thread on it if you are interested.. its a driving project if you are really looking for a good beater. Possibly I would trade.. not sure to be honest. That car being re-painted and being white scares me...LOL when I bought the SS I knew exactly what i was getting..hahahahaha

you know I keep looking at this car and wondering how solid the body is and suspension and stuff.... you said you need a beater .. I would consider a trade for my 70 SS possibly.. I've done a ton of work to it it needs some more but has an awesome running 440 in it and all new you name it .. built from the suspension/brakes up... You can see my thread on it if you are interested.. its a driving project if you are really looking for a good beater. Possibly I would trade.. not sure to be honest. That car being re-painted and being white scares me...LOL when I bought the SS I knew exactly what i was getting..hahahahaha

Thank you for checking in. The Charger is currently listed on ebay but I will let you know if it does not sell. For what it is worth my car is VERY solid as the pictures depict and has no sign of bondo or major body work from the inside or outside. It drives awesome too. Did you look at the pictures in the album? The suspension and drivetrain components are clearly not that old.

Thanks again for checking and nice job bringing your Satellite back from the ragged edge! I usually give up when there are big holes in the top of the car.

Looks like its doing good at 6100 right now

Well my ebay auction stopped in it's tracks when Sandy came into town...

We took a 260 mile trip to check out a salvage yard in the high desert and make sure the car is reliable.

I figured you all would enjoy some pictures!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh what the heck here are a few more. This road runs along the bottom of Winter Rim in Eastern Oregon.

Attachments

• 100_6764.jpg
    100_6764.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 379
  • 100_6773.jpg
    100_6773.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 367
  • 100_6785.jpg
    100_6785.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 380
  • 100_6787.jpg
    100_6787.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 393
  • 100_6786.jpg
    100_6786.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 392
  • 100_6799.jpg
    100_6799.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 390
  • 100_6797.jpg
    100_6797.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 374
  • 100_6798.jpg
    100_6798.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 400
Very nice..
I was following the auction.. It stopped at 6100 4 days before the storm hit. I was a bit surprised it didnt fetch more money but the economy is what it is and there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of love for the 66/67. Couple other ones on there as well arent going good either.
The car keeps calling to me...LOL
Check out this Coronet 440
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3367046453.html
I think he droppped that like 2k since the last time... Looks like a survivor w/ less 100k on it

Exactly...the guys interested from back East all bowed out because of the impending weather. This is actually a good thing because we are going to take the car to SW Utah on Vacation this week. 820 miles each way!

The link you pasted in is to a 1950 something or other.

The thing that separates our car from most of the other cars for sale is that it is reliable, driven regularly, and is not rusty. Most people do not drive their collector cars often so half of the stuff that needs attention has not been addressed. In my experience most of the "restored" cars out there consist of a legendary interior kit and a two stage paint job with lots of excuses. Things like the heater box, weatherstripping, accessories (wiper/washer/etc), windows and such are often put back in the car without reconditioning. IMO this is what makes for a nice driver. What good is a shiny car if the windows don't want to roll up and down and the windshield wipers start the under-dash wiring on fire the first time you use them. Eventually I will find the right buyer but until then we will enjoy driving the heck out of this car. How many people are able to jump in their 46 year old car and take a 2000 mile trip? : )

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice..
I was following the auction.. It stopped at 6100 4 days before the storm hit. I was a bit surprised it didnt fetch more money but the economy is what it is and there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of love for the 66/67. Couple other ones on there as well arent going good either.
The car keeps calling to me...LOL
Check out this Coronet 440
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3367046453.html
I think he droppped that like 2k since the last time... Looks like a survivor w/ less 100k on it

Is this it?

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3362924144.html

Nice car but I bet you a Benjamin and gas money that I could find rust on that car. Our Charger is a good example. I thought it did not have any rust until I stripped the trunk down the bare metal and found a small hole. It's easy to say something without looking over the car with a fine tooth comb, which most owners never do. Also note that the wiper motor is removed...I bet the under dash wiring is melted at the wiper switch or the bulkhead. Still a neat car for the money, too bad it's not a 383-4!

I talked to him when he had it at 7k and wouldnt budge..LOL
It does have some hidden issues for sure..LOL
I hear ya .. its a solid car. re-list it if you think the storm hosed it.
Thats why I was interested in trading for the charger... right now its a daily driver. I could then sell the bmw easily enough and be down to two cars as soon as the z28 is sold... It was just an idea as you mentioned you wanted a beater that you didnt need to store inside. .. and mine fits the category..hahaha but is a solid revival in the works

I talked to him when he had it at 7k and wouldnt budge..LOL
It does have some hidden issues for sure..LOL
I hear ya .. its a solid car. re-list it if you think the storm hosed it.
Thats why I was interested in trading for the charger... right now its a daily driver. I could then sell the bmw easily enough and be down to two cars as soon as the z28 is sold... It was just an idea as you mentioned you wanted a beater that you didnt need to store inside. .. and mine fits the category..hahaha but is a solid revival in the works

Brother your car is waaaaaaay too nice to be called a beater. I would feel bad driving it in the winter, especially after all of the work you put into it. Why are you wanting to trade it anyway?

Trying to kill a few birds with one stone.
Thank you I appreciate the compliment.
I have to many cars and to much debt so I need to do what I can to pay what I can BUT I need 2 cars. I have a 99 camaro SS that the kids are not allowed in and I need a car to haul them around in.
So when you said beater I was thinking i could solve a few issues with a trade. The beamer is a 97 740il that should fetch about 4500. The z28 if sold as a roller 3000 or completed for about 7500
That would help to cover some debt and give me two good cars to drive and keep me in a classic mopar which I want to have more than the BMW. The Satellite is not done and needs work to be good to drive in the winter. The rear window needs to come out either a temp fix or premanent fix of the filler panel.. it leaks due to rust on the corner. So as much as I've done to it it needs a lot more work to be a comfortable driver.. hence the beater name I give it for now.. its come a long way but IMO needs to go a long way further. The tent is gone and so i dont have a shop now to pull the window out and fix it easily. So I was trying to be creative...LOL

Ok folks, since nobody bought this car we decided to take it on vacation...over 2000 miles in five days! I only opened the hood to check the oil and add washer fluid.

These pictures are from the Grand Canyon (North Rim), Bryce Canyon, and Zion Natl Park near SpringDale, UT. The last pics are from the Hotel Nevada in Ely (e-lee), Nevada. Dig the suite they gave us!

This could have been you for $8500!!! : )100_6817.jpg100_7186.jpg100_7185.jpg100_7190.jpg100_6947.jpg100_6945.jpg100_6882.jpg100_6862.jpg100_6832.jpg100_6827.jpg100_7188.jpg

I really want your Charger! The Charger just looks badass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back