• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Dodge Coronet 500

very very nice.

i have a twin of your car. a few mods to it including the wheels which in my opinion any wheels look good on these.

enjoy!!!

watermelon

very very nice.

i have a twin of your car. a few mods to it including the wheels which in my opinion any wheels look good on these.

enjoy!!!

watermelon

Twin brother from a different mother!
I can see how it might appeal to you!

You don’t know of any good stock photographs taken during 1966 or so that show very clearly how the inside of the car looked by chance do you? I’m very interested in what the exact color combinations of everything was.
I have an original sales brochure, but they offer very little in the way of photos and or of information.

PS now that I watched your video, I can’t get that song out of my mind. Ted Nugent rocks!

all i about stock interior pics is what is posted on Google images

looks like a wide variety of options back then

watermelon

Thanks! I agree on the Magnum road wheels, I’ve always wanted a car with them on it.

I got a factory sales brochure with the car I found in the trunk and in it, as a centerfold, is this picture.
View attachment 1401056
I’m guessing the 500’s came with these hubcaps and white walls.
Another thing I noticed from the attached picture is that the 383 four barrel tag is actually under the Coronet 500 tag on the front of the fender versus being towards the rear of the front fender as it is on my car.
Also, the Penstar in the photo is silver versus mine being gold. I have always seen them in gold, and I’ve never noticed before that Mopar had them in silver.
Lastly, the differences in placement and color could be because the photographed car could have been a pre-production model and not necessarily how they came off the production line.

Interesting.

All 66 500's I've seen with a 383 have the "383" emblem between the wheel and the door.

All the 66 440's I've seen with a 383 have that emblem where the pic shows it (slightly lower, actually, to clear the trim).

Cars with any smaller 8 cyl engine got the "V-8" emblem, IIRC in the same relative position depending on their model (440 or 500).

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back