• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Dodge Coronet/Charger with factory four way emergency flasher?

To the best of my knowledge dealers installed them or were supposed to. My bought a 66 Olds 98 April and dealer installed them, same hack job as my 66 Satellite. You the original buyer?

I'm not the original owner but I've owned it since 1989. It was super original and clean, if flashers had been installed there should be an extra switch or hole in the dash some where but there was/is not. Maybe the dealers were "supposed to" install them but just didn't unless maybe a customer complained?

On mine the cut a hole left side steering column on left side of top switch. Think same place as 67 flasher switch. Wouldn't surprise me dealer or customer didn't want on bother. Maybe a dealer employee/mechanic bought it.

So where is the wiring harness for my 1966 Charger someone has one to sell?

To the best of my knowledge dealers installed them or were supposed to. My bought a 66 Olds 98 April and dealer installed them, same hack job as my 66 Satellite. You the original buyer?
From what I have read over the years. 1966 some States made it mandatory to have a park brake light, New York being one if I remember correctly. They were available as dealer installed in Canada and other States. Also think the light came on when there was a brake pressure problem.

From what I have read over the years. 1966 some States made it mandatory to have a park brake light, New York being one if I remember correctly. They were available as dealer installed in Canada and other States. Also think the light came on when there was a brake pressure problem.
The US federal government made 4 way flashers mandatory 1/1/1966.

I miss read your post. I have the park brake warning light .
Any dealer installed 4 way flasher light switch would not look the same as the other switches in the dash, because there would not be the correct indent.
I am looking for only the Harness. The switch is simple. I am mounting it on a Chrome plate with a hole in it. Not cutting the dash! Although the Dealer does show how to drill and where they did infact drill three holes for mounting the switch left of the steering Column. I don’t care about the E-Brake Light.I have a 4 Speed Car and common sense has to be used! The Emergency Flasher is again Common sense as if I break down I don’t need some California Rookie running into me! Thanks again I spoke with M&H today they say if I get a switch it can be made. We left it at me acquiring a switch or detailed picture? He seemed to understand knows how they are wired but really needs a very good photo or the original to be reproduced.And would it not be nice to have four way flashers for the safety factor?

Last edited:
Charger 4-way flasher

Jeremiah,
I will try to attach a photo of the 4-flasher switch. I don't have any black wire in mine.
- Pink from light switch-> flasher relay
- Red from flasher relay -> flasher switch
- the 3 other -> the flasher switch you can see in the photo.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Martin
Can you send me a picture of the Harness any way you can do that? Would appreciate? Does it look like this

IMG_3083.png

I am looking for only the Harness. The switch is simple. I am mounting it on a Chrome plate with a hole in it. Not cutting the dash! Although the Dealer does show how to drill and where they did infact drill three holes for mounting the switch left of the steering Column. I don’t care about the E-Brake Light.I have a 4 Speed Car and common sense has to be used! The Emergency Flasher is again Common sense as if I break down I don’t need some California Rookie running into me! Thanks again I spoke with M&H today they say if I get a switch it can be made. We left it at me acquiring a switch or detailed picture? He seemed to understand knows how they are wired but really needs a very good photo or the original to be reproduced.And would it not be nice to have four way flashers for the safety factor?
there is / was an nos harness on ebay

i may have an nos switch,

According to the fender tag, my '66 Satellite was built 03/14 and it apparently did not come with 4-ways. I might add those someday.

Just add to the conspiracy:
My '66 Belvedere II was bought new by my Aunt & Uncle. It has no provisions for 4 way flashers.

Does anyone have a picture of where the 66 4 way flasher switch is located? As far as I know there isn’t any relief in the dash for a switch like a 67.

Mine is to the left of top switch, look to left turn signal lever.
top switch.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back