• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Fender Tag Build Dates....

Pugly

Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
Under SO it says 621, That's June 21st 1966 isn't it?

Some guy was told that his 66 Satellite was built in December 1966......... I know he is incorrect because a Dec 66 would be a 67 car...

You are correct. The model year begins in October of 1965 and the month digit is A. The month digit is always one character and it is B=Nov
C=Dec 1=Jan etc.

June 21 is a very lat built 1966 model.

model year began in Sept..I have a few A05 build date cars..which is September 5th, 1966

During the 60's, most model years start with 801 (August 1st) production and end about the middle of July. By the time you get into the 70's some model years ran 'long' (they didn't end until late July or even early August) and the new year did not start until mid August or later.

yea... it sux. They guy thought it was an original car, engine and all. I got him to pull the starter and get the date code, It's 10-3-66.. don't think that's going to be the original engine. I didn't want to get into an argument with him over it, he was cool and all, but he is trying to sell it as original, going to see if he changes his ad now that he knows the truth.

model year began in Sept..I have a few A05 build date cars..which is September 5th, 1966

As Doug says below the model year truely begins in August for building of promo cars for brochures etc. September is when they began building cars for new car introduction at the dealerships which was October 1st or the first Monday of October. For 1966 Model year October is shown as an "A" on the build code not Sept. which would be "9"

Mine says 630 I would guess thats June 30th of 1966 for the Belvedere.

Auto Transport Service
Back