• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Hemi Belvedere II Project

Not one to tell others what to do, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if that car is real, it should be preserved to day one specifications....no 80`s mods as I like to call some of Mopars after the fact improvements.
You'd be doing the entire Mopar collectors family a great service if you pull it off.
I kinda find it hard to believe the last guy let it go..... I can understand the original owner, as they were easy come, easy go then. Nice catch either way.
I agree 100%

If you need a motor built, the #1 guy is in Regina.

After giving a lot of thought to this car, I’m likely going to leave it in MO, and work on it there. The plan is for me to move to St. Louis full time in the next couple of years. Rather than bringing the car north (and adding $8k to the project cost in transport each way + CDN taxes) it makes more sense to find an engine builder in the Missouri area. Does anyone have any suggestions?

is the body presentable enough to just clean up and drive /
if so do it and drive the snot out of it.

Im telling ya,,,youre gonna love the view

steeing.wheel.jpg

see the links

I’m back down in St. Louis and the car is getting dropped off tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing it in person!
Apparently the engine mounts are incorrect (it was worth a try). Is the tranmission mount correct?
Thanks in advance.
Allan
image.jpg

I’m back down in St. Louis and the car is getting dropped off tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing it in person!
Apparently the engine mounts are incorrect (it was worth a try). Is the tranmission mount correct?
Thanks in advance.
Allan
View attachment 1341761
Engine mounts are 383/440.

Thanks in advance.
Allan
View attachment 1341761
Looks like it. Picture of one I have. Stud is the same.
P1050034.JPG

Nice score on a Hemi car, Allan. It looks very complete. It even has the $1000.00 gas cap still with it! Are those HP2 signs on front fenders? If so, built before Jan. 1, 1966. Also, nice color combo.

Nice project! Was gonna say we'll have 2 of the 53 HP2's in Canada now... but I see you're gonna keep it down in MO.

Nice score on a Hemi car, Allan. It looks very complete. It even has the $1000.00 gas cap still with it! Are those HP2 signs on front fenders? If so, built before Jan. 1, 1966. Also, nice color combo.
I believe it was built March 30th. It‘s got V Eight emblems.
38EB1F29-1DBA-4E33-81BF-24AF8C6F1C63.jpeg

Nice project! Was gonna say we'll have 2 of the 53 HP2's in Canada now... but I see you're gonna keep it down in MO.
It was the original plan, but paying the GST and transport each way, it just didn’t make financial sense.

That is weird; it should have had the 426 HEMI signs on the bottom of the front fenders by then. Have the front fenders been changed over the years (accident damage?)? I inspected and verified a 1966 HP2 Belvedere II locally a few years ago. It was Resale Red at the time, but was originally mauve metallic. Built December, 1965.

GEDC0585.JPG

GEDC0590.JPG

GEDC0591.JPG

GEDC0596.JPG

One thing I thought was odd; the bright side trims were all chromed die cast, instead of anodized aluminum or stainless, as I imagined they would be. Has anyone else seen this?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back