• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Hemi Satellite

moparbuff

Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
This is 4-speed car with Dana 60. It has 1310 u-joint with u-bolts. Car has been in family since new. I recently read it is supposed to have a 7260 u-joint with straps. Someone know for sure as to the “correct” u-joint ? Thanks for FBBO.

My 66 Hemi Satellite auto 8.75 has 1330 u-joint with outside clips and straps. I'm the 3rd owner and I know both previous owners. The 1330 is the same as a 1350 and a 7290 just cup OD size are different. They could use different sized needle bearings, never looked.
au.JPG

Last edited:
U-bolts are correct for a 66 Dana 60, can't remember the u-joint but that 1310 is most likely right.

Hard to say. I do remember running into an issue with this but it's been four decades so I can't remember #'s etc. I am pretty sure the 7260 as well as the 7290 were no-go's though. I probably have that yoke in my parts stash as I ended up just changing the darn thing. Mine came from a 67 GTX.

Hard to say. I do remember running into an issue with this but it's been four decades so I can't remember #'s etc. I am pretty sure the 7260 as well as the 7290 were no-go's though. I probably have that yoke in my parts stash as I ended up just changing the darn thing. Mine came from a 67 GTX.
I think the 67 GTX came with a 1330 joint and straps.

Mine had U-bolts. This was 1976 and it was a factory 4 speed car.

I think the 67 GTX came with a 1330 joint and straps.
1967 GTX & R/T 440 and hemi all had 1330 u-joints and straps, both 4 speeds and automatics. I’ve never owned a 66 hemi so can’t tell you about them.

Mine has an original 1966 Dana in it and its the U bolt type

The axle is out of a 1966 Coronet Hemi 4spd 3.54 .( same car the engine is from )
My car is an auto and the previous owner upgraded, simply because he had it and wanted to use it.

May have solved the 1966 pinion yoke situation. I have not found that a 7260 pinion yoke existed/exist with 29 splines and involute splines as found in Dana’s.

A Dana 60 in a mopar muscle car car never came with a 7260 U-joint.

Auto Transport Service
Back