• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1966 Plymouth gas cap seal/gaskets

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyOpi66

Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hello all,

I have for sale the correct gasket to replace the crusty or stiff gasket that your current gas cap may have. These gaskets are correct for a 1966 Plymouth Belvedere gas cap. I only have 9 on hand right now, but will acquire more depending on demand.

I am looking for $15 for each gasket shipped via USPS first class mail or I can do two gaskets for $25 shipped via USPS first class mail. I am willing to accept Checks, Paypal, Google pay, or Zelle for payment. Please PM me for orders and I will get back to people in order asap.

I am not sure if these gaskets will fit other caps, but if you provide the dimensions to me in a post or a pm I can confirm.

Attached are pics of the cap these gaskets are meant for (this cap has the new gasket on it, CAP IS NOT FOR SALE) :

DSC_0017.JPGDSC_0018.JPG

Below are pics of the new gasket and old gasket side by side:

DSC_0020.JPG

Please let me know if anyone has any questions!

Thank you.

Will these gaskets withstand the current ethanol fuel without swelling, warping or coming apart?

I need one for my flip top, I’ll try to get a measurement.

Hello all,

I have for sale the correct gasket to replace the crusty or stiff gasket that your current gas cap may have. These gaskets are correct for a 1966 Plymouth Belvedere gas cap. I only have 9 on hand right now, but will acquire more depending on demand.

I am looking for $15 for each gasket shipped via USPS first class mail or I can do two gaskets for $25 shipped via USPS first class mail. I am willing to accept Checks, Paypal, Google pay, or Zelle for payment. Please PM me for orders and I will get back to people in order asap.

I am not sure if these gaskets will fit other caps, but if you provide the dimensions to me in a post or a pm I can confirm.

Attached are pics of the cap these gaskets are meant for (this cap has the new gasket on it, CAP IS NOT FOR SALE) :

View attachment 1419121View attachment 1419124

Below are pics of the new gasket and old gasket side by side:

View attachment 1419126

Please let me know if anyone has any questions!

Thank you.
I'd like to know how you replace the gasket before I order 2? Does it stretch over or do you need to disassemble?

Will these gaskets withstand the current ethanol fuel without swelling, warping or coming apart?
R413,

These are rated for use with fuel, so they should meet that requirement.

I'd like to know how you replace the gasket before I order 2? Does it stretch over or do you need to disassemble?
Nxcoupe,

You cannot stretch over as the center portion of the cap helps to retain the gasket. You disassemble by removing the bolt from the middle. My cap was from a parts car and dissembled easily, despite sitting for years. Hope this helps!

I need one for my flip top, I’ll try to get a measurement.
Sounds good!

******* SOLD two. Have seven remaining!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't let a leaky cap ruin your paint! I have seven remaining, grab one or two while you can.

Just sold off 4 more of these, I have three remaining. Get yours while you can!

Today I installed one on my 66 cap like the cap shown above and it matched and fit up great. The material is as thick, possibly a hair thicker than the original. My old rubber was starting to crack around the edges so this was a timely item to find. :thumbsup:

Thanks

We are at the start of the car show season guys, still have three of these left, don't let a bad gasket, ruin your paint prep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back