• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2

Oh man! Are you posting pictures of your cars again, Wayne? LOL. Colour me green with envy.
Seriously, great score! That is a nice colour combo on your Satellite. The remaining HP2 cars are exceedingly rare. I always liked the Western motif interiors in '66-'67 Satellites (and '67 GTX). If you are considering BlueLines, stay away from Cokers. There is a Diamond Back dealer in Bracebridge.
A few years ago, I had the opportunity to inspect a 1966 Hemi Belvedere II for an area father and son who had bought it to flip. 4-speed car that was then Resale Red, but had left the factory as Lilac Metallic. How rare is that ('66-only color)? They let me take it for a drive. The Hemi was now 528" , 4-speed and 4.10's in the Dana 60. It was PEPPY! I don't know what became of it.

Very nice Wayne. Quite the time capsule, looks about brand new. You can tell it was pampered for it's whole life.

you can get rid of the other ones now, you know you'll never drive them after driving this one!if you need any 4 speed lessons I'll be right over!
congratulations!

69 x2

You got some fillin' in to do.

Very nice indeed, congratulations!

Very nice Wayne. Quite the time capsule, looks about brand new. You can tell it was pampered for it's whole life.
Thanks Joel. I'm thinking even though it was supposed to be "drag raced" from '66 until '84 it must have been "fun" weekend bracket stuff. It's never been touched, tubbed or what not. Only thing not correct is that it has an adjustable snubber on it.
1966plymouthsathp2 191.jpg

Welcome to the club.

Good looking car.

You're gonna love it.
Simply nuttin sounds like a hemi sucking air thru all 8 barrels and speed climbing rapidly.
Trust me.

Ps.

I remember reading HP2 emblem cars were the 1st few months of production. I dont remember what or if there is a known changeover date when they went to the normal 426 emblem on the lower fender.
My car is April 6 1966

20211015_150113.jpg

I think it was just Plymouth "promo". The HP2 were all early production, pre Jan 1st 1966. Some say less than 50 cars, others say 53 cars. After that they were badged Hemi behind the front wheel vs HP2. Maybe they got tired of explaining what HP2 meant.. lol That said, HP2 and "Hemi", there was only 503 x 4 speed cars made for the full car year.

Thanks a lot! (Read sarcasm here). Now I have to have a HP2 car as well.

Ps.

I remember reading HP2 emblem cars were the 1st few months of production. I dont remember what or if there is a known changeover date when they went to the normal 426 emblem on the lower fender.
My car is April 6 1966
As I noted, all HP2 cars were built before Jan 1st, 1966. Why there is only about 50 of them..

As I noted, all HP2 cars were built before Jan 1st, 1966. Why there is only about 50 of them..
Ive heard that same date mentioned before.
But have not seen any documentation to back that up.

Or any research on known cars and how they are equipped.

Ps.
Its my understanding is ALL AA1 silver cars were buffed paint.
Thus why ive always heard it refered to as Buffed Silver Metallic.

I can’t place my finger on what’s different about your Magnum 500 wheels. I’m concluding they are a billet wheel? Is that it?

Auto Transport Service
Back