• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Satellite

IndySatLite

Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
Changed my screenname from Blades to IndySatLite.
I've got some missing interior pieces and some that are incomplete. First is this high beam cover(grommet?) that's not all there. Second is a missing connector rod to pass.side sun visor. Are these available anywhere? Third, is 614 gold what is painted on armrest bases? If so, is it still a deal where you need to get it mixed at a paint shop, or does any manufacturer carry it now? Thank you.

IMG_1605.JPG IMG_1603.JPG IMG_1604.JPG

the carpet grommet is an aftermkt thing. They were never on cars from the OEM. If the hole is to big to fit snug around the dimmer switch they are required . ACC carpet supplies them with carpet kits.

The armrest bases are chromed regardless of interior color , As the chrome wears over time you will see them have a gold tint to them , thats normal.

As for the chrome pivot for the sunvisor I think your only option is find an original. FYI, I " THINK ' they are 1966-67 only, Maybe older but definitely not 68 and up I assure you. I can get you a picture of one from my car if you need some reference photo

20201025_123701.jpg

The armrest bases are chromed regardless of interior color , As the chrome wears over time you will see them have a gold tint to them, thats normal.

There are plastic re-chromers that can make those bases look like new, a search here or your favorite search engine will produce results. I've seen people clean them up and shoot them with a chrome paint, but I don't think it looks that good. Good Luck

1966 and 1967 B bodies absolutely did come with dimmer switch grommets. One day decades ago I was on a mission and took out 8 of them at a junkyard.

I’m talking Belvedere II and Satellites, Coronet 440 and 500. There was no low trim level Cars there with rubber floor mats so I don’t know what those came with.

I stand corrected. I just looked at a pic of a 3000 mile car and it has it .

I remember hearing in the past they didn't came with one originally either. Another old story shot down.

Yes I don’t know where it came from either. Possibly another lower level car line of mopars. I don’t want to name names.

I painted my armrest bases with rattle can chrome paint 10 yrs. and still looks good. You can but repo on any mopar resto parts site.

R413,
Do you have any of the grommets left? Thanks
IndySatLite

Auto Transport Service
Back