• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 426 Hemi Coronet, value ?

JoeCool1$$

Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
My best friend passed a few weeks back & he was the owner of a 1967 Coronet Hemi car. I'm considering buying it out of his estate. We had been buds for more than 50 yrs., so I know some of the history on this car. It's a 4-sppeed Dana 60, am radio, Hemi car. The Vin # IS WS23J71162802. The car was bought new, I was told in Amarillo Tx & the owner went into the Armed Services, upon his return he hurt the engine in 1969. I'm not sure how but originally thought it was a rod bearing. But one of the last things my bud told me is the car needs a block, although I don't think he had a machinist check it over. The current mileage is only 27k miles as it has been stored inside, I'd say since @ least the early nineties. I think it's probably hard to put a firm value on an unrestored with the engine in the floor, but any help would be very much appreciated by his family & myself.

IMG_0212.JPG IMG_0214.JPG IMG_0213.JPG

Just a vague guess would be something in the low to mid 30s .
Hard to say without knowing more.

If there's no significant rust and the interior is good then surely a 4 spd hemi "survivor" car like this would be in the $50-60k range?

restored maybe a 70/75k car, subtract cost of restoration and engine rebuild, regardless 30k ? less if the block is not repairable

Thanks for your insight, If the block was where it couldn't be fixed with a align bore or something do you know if replacement blocks for the 1967 hemi is available? and approximately the cost? The car itself is definitely solid with no rust nor body damage that I recall. I'm currently 800 mi. from his shop or I'd go pick up the block & have someone look at it.

There are replacement, reproduction hemi blocks available, but you'd have have to search high and low to try and find a date coded original 67 hemi block.

That would be cool to own. For the right price.

I like the car. What color is the interior? Grille surround is dinged, hard to find straight ones. FYI The antenna is in the wrong place on the fender. Too far forward.

Repainted, fixed up mechanically and cleaned up cosmetically, it’s probably a $65-70k car. I would estimate the cost of the work to get it there and subtract from the $65,000 figure for a value. Of course my cost estimates are usually off by at least half. And then also someone else who doesn’t know any better may think they can do the same for a paltry few thousand dollars and make a killing on it and buys the car out from under you. And then it sits rusting away in their garage until their estate sell. If you and the previous owner were really close and there’s a sentimental issue then that has to be considered but you kind of have to accept the fact that sentimental purchases don’t always make good dollars and cents decisions.

I do know the 66-67 cars don't bring the money that the 68 and up cars do. It's just the way it's always been but there are a lot of people out there that think if the car has the Hemi badge on it,it's bound to be worth what the never cars are. I like the 66-67's but many more like the 68 and up cars better.....and sorry for the loss of your friend.

This just sold at mecum in
January

I like the car. What color is the interior? Grille surround is dinged, hard to find straight ones. FYI The antenna is in the wrong place on the fender. Too far forward.
it has a white interior. Yea I saw the dent on that trim, wondered if that would be a problem.I don't know what to think about the antenna location. I know thw car is legit & my bud owned it since the early ninties & believe he was the 2nd owner. He bought it the way she sits & never touched it.

With the paint so original looking (881?), I'm still weirded out by the no holes for the RT emblem..

With the paint so original looking (881?), I'm still weirded out by the no holes for the RT emblem..

Could the car possibly be optioned to have the emblems deleted? Like you could do with stripes and graphics on the later model mopars.

Some body work must have been done.

The R/T badges are missing and the holes appear to be filled in.

Steel wheel is white and it looks sanded through to white in a couple of places.

Could it have originally been a white car?

A little hard to tell but I think the R/T hood may be missing too.

Auto Transport Service
Back