• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Coronet 500 - Billings Montana

Hey it's still Christmas !! I love your coronet .. very nice and appreciate the tips on the polish that came out great !!

Mopar... The gift that keeps on giving!

Crap, I know the UPS man on a first name basis LOL

Got these today :headbang:

QF Carb2.jpg

QF Carb.jpg

Vac Pump.jpg

You're going to like that carb! I have the same one on my 512. Lot of tunability. If you PM me your email address, I have a tuning guide from Don Gould over at 4 seconds flat (48 pages). It's based off a Demon carb, but works works just as well for the Quickfuel as well.

Very nice, gotta love the UPS man.

Started taking her apart today for the motor rebuild...

TA.jpg

TA-2.jpg

TA-3.jpg

Should be pulling the motor and tranny tomorrow.

Attachments

• TA-4.jpg
    TA-4.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 538
Motor and Tranny are out!

The leveler puller attachment makes all the difference in the world.

TA-5.jpg

TA-6.jpg

TA-7.jpg

TA-8.jpg

Next Friday I am taking the day off and heading to Laroy Engines in Idaho to drop off my 440 block and a truck load of parts for Jim to work his magic. Based on his past Pop's 440 dyno tests, several phone conversations and a bunch of emails we have a path forward for this build. A basic 0.030" over bore, Probe SRS Pistons, Victor heads, RPM intake, Quickfuel QF950, Comp Cams 23-228-4, T&D Rockers, Scorpion Short Travel Hydraulic Flat Tappet Lifters.

I'm using the same cam as in Pop's build, and Victor heads, Jim is going to port the heads to a (2): kill stage, based on a scale of (1): stun, (2): kill, (3): totally kill and then annihilate what ever is left.

This combo should produce some impressive results for a street car targeting 91 pump gas.

I'm pretty excited to meet Jim and see his shop - more to come...

Motor.jpg

Cam.jpg

Cam2.jpg

Tranny.jpg

Tranny 3.jpg

emmm sounds pretty nice , let us no how you make out :headbang:

You got to be pretty excited! Hanging at the dyno is a great experience and well worth the money. Good luck!

Any HP/TQ you are shooting for?

You got to be pretty excited! Hanging at the dyno is a great experience and well worth the money. Good luck!

Any HP/TQ you are shooting for?

You bet I am excited! Meeting Jim, his sons and seeing his shop setup is going to be quite a privilege, there are not many guys like Jim around that are are Mopar experts and so willing to help a newbie like me. Mike at MRL is great but he is so far from me it is a ton of time and expense in shipping. I'm lucky Jim is relatively close.

Based on Pop's data 550/600 seems more than dooable.

Next Friday I am taking the day off and heading to Laroy Engines in Idaho to drop off my 440 block and a truck load of parts for Jim to work his magic. Based on his past Pop's 440 dyno tests, several phone conversations and a bunch of emails we have a path forward for this build. A basic 0.030" over bore, Probe SRS Pistons, Victor heads, RPM intake, Quickfuel QF950, Comp Cams 23-228-4, T&D Rockers, Scorpion Short Travel Hydraulic Flat Tappet Lifters.

I'm using the same cam as in Pop's build, and Victor heads, Jim is going to port the heads to a (2): kill stage, based on a scale of (1): stun, (2): kill, (3): totally kill and then annihilate what ever is left.

This combo should produce some impressive results for a street car targeting 91 pump gas.

I'm pretty excited to meet Jim and see his shop - more to come...

View attachment 175481

What is the finish on that 727 John? Looks really slick.

I like it .. anyone know if there's something I can duplicate that look with in rattle can? not necessarily that exact color. Please PM me

I have had pretty good luck with my SuperStreetfighter thus far John. Take a good look at the shift/kickdown selector seal. Mine leaked bad right after dumping in fluid and I ended up having to change it while in the car (nifty tool made for that). Also, check fit for the Dip Stick tube. The bracket for mine did no line up. I just cut the old bracket off and tac welded it so it would.

No idea on the color, but mines the same. Kinda a gunmetal grey. Call TCI, maybe they would tell you. Posting at 4:23AM Bryan...you're a mad man!

That's a lot of big $ goodies you're putting on there. Recall doing the same thing to a 1966 Pontiac Tempest convertible I had 20 years ago. Lots of fun. Dunno what changed, but now I'm getting as much enjoyment keeping my Charger as stock as possible. Could be budget, could be that that Charger was so close to bone stock. Prolly a bit of both....
Looks like you are doing a great job, should be badass when you are done....

Dropped off my motor and all the parts for Jim to build yesterday. About a 7 hour drive one way, me and my buddy left early so we got to Jim's about noon.

Loadedup.jpg

Here's Jim and pops test mule engine, what a great guy, we BS'd and he showed us his shop and all his engine building stuff, we met his son's also. Pretty cool stuff and an amazing shop. His son is building a monster Challenger.
View attachment 176791

I am tearing out my K member (gotta do my front end anyway) - I have a kit fom PST.

I am going to mount the completed engine on the K member and then lower the car on that.

Torsion bars are out! This forum is awesome, a little reading and a spare mini BMX bike and bam! I had a torsion bar removal tool.
BMX Yoke.jpg

Kmem3.jpg

Kmem2.jpg

Kmem1.jpg

K member is coming out tomorrow, going to get that nasty power steering box cleaned up and rebuilt also.

K member is out. Time to do some cleaning and front end work.

Kmem4.JPG

Kmem5.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back