• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Dodge Charger Trunk Lock Cylinder

Charger Too

Local time
1:04 PM
Reaction score
1967 Dodge Charger Trunk Lock Cylinder and Keys. The photo of the cylinder that vendors show for this car does not look like my original. My retainer is offset and the bezel screws on, not installed with a clip. Who sells the correct one?

Unfortunately no one reproduces the trunk lock for the 66 or 67 charger. All others use a clip to hold in place the first gen uses the nut you referenced. The venders do not make exclusion for the charger but they should. Only 2 options. 1. Find a locksmith to make a key if that's the issue or 2. Find a used one as a replacement. These can demand some money so be prepared when you find one.

To make matters worse they are a one year only lock and keys. They are different from 66-67 so they are year specific.

1967 Dodge Charger Trunk Lock Cylinder and Keys. The photo of the cylinder that vendors show for this car does not look like my original. My retainer is offset and the bezel screws on, not installed with a clip. Who sells the correct one?
It looks like a parts wanted thread is the best place to find one here.

This is a picture posted back in 2018 but good reference for anyone needing info on the trunk locks of our cars.

1700496756863.png

This is a picture posted back in 2018 but good reference for anyone needing info on the trunk locks of our cars.

View attachment 1560507
When we bought our Charger, it had a GM lock cylinder and key. It calved in MN on our way to the 50th in Detroit. Woman at the Ferry Terminal sent us to a local automotive shop. We pried the panel latches and dropped the panel. They used a long extension and unbolted the latch assembly, took it apart . Put the latch back together, and I used a screwdriver the rest of the trip. Go figure the GM part was the only part that failed in 4800 miles.
The shop charged 30.00, i said I didn’t need a receipt and gave them an extra 30.00. They said thanks, and would have pizza and beer after work.
Got back to the ferry on time.

If you are up for some brain surgery and have a key, you can disassemble the lock assembly and swap the tumblers around until none are sticking up with the key inserted. Any stragglers that are still sticking up with key inserted can be filed flush with the housing.

Auto Transport Service
Back