• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Dodge Coronet Restoration [[TONS OF PICTURES]]

I cut out the rusty parts in the floor and just replaced em with some metal that was off a door that I had from a previous car. I used fiberglass to seal it then, but I really wouldn't suggest it, kinda messy... Anyone got any ideas on what your could use to seal it up so no water can get in it?

I cut out the rusty parts in the floor and just replaced em with some metal that was off a door that I had from a previous car. I used fiberglass to seal it then, but I really wouldn't suggest it, kinda messy... Anyone got any ideas on what your could use to seal it up so no water can get in it?

Seam sealer.

Those floors look good in the pics, I was more concerned with the parts of the floor that didn't get replaced, and what you did to the surface rust (that can sometimes be heavy) prior to painting.

I went at the whole floor with a 4 1/2 inch grinder and grinded everything to bare metal. Then I put a coating of that rustoliem rusty metal primer and rolled it on. Did the research on the stuff, people were saying it does help protect the floor, but isn't even compairable to POR-15, The price isn't either!!!! After that when I went to paint the car, I just went right over that.

Now what do you guys use in the trunks that gives it that paint on bedliner look? Is it that rhinoliner or what do you use?

Thank ya

Oh and, Saturday I brought the car to the first car show at my High School, Won a trophy for outstanding modified 60's! Thought that was pretty cool, bringing a open headers 440 Coronet to school? Ya that was pretty damn cool :D

227255_2077022769398_1359851254_2456893_2781458_n.jpg

225425_218497338169846_127727613913486_857147_4431670_n.jpg

226308_218494944836752_127727613913486_857020_2870703_n.jpg

Congrats!! Pretty cool...Car show at the high school!

I just sprayed in the trunk with bedliner in my 69' Roadrunner project. Product is called "Rockit Bedliner", made by SEM. The kit comes with 4 quarts of bedliner, 1 quart catalyst, measuring cup and an application gun. You wouldn't need no fancy compressor to spray it. Anywhere's from 3-5 horse would do fine. 1 Kit would be more than enough to do your trunk. Stuff is hard as nails and sprays in real nice at 45 PSI..

I bought mine from TCP Global for $99 bucks.

Just what I used...I like the product. Good luck which ever way you go.

q2-4.jpg

Now there's some pics you will always cherish............ relish the moment young fella.
Congrats on the trophy.

Nice to see theres still a few gear heads in high school that are into REAL hotrods! :D:D:D .. I have to say AWESOME job on the Coronet,THANK YOU for saving it and not waisting your time and money on a honda civic!

:sSig_nicethread:

Your school's ratio of 67 Coronets to students is HIGHLY disproportionate- in favor of the Coronets!

I loved the 66 (and a 67) I had in high school so much that I searched for years to find one with almost exactly the options I wanted (even though it was 20 years later).

Hope mine turns out as nice as yours.

Thanks guys!! I'm sure you'll beable to do a hellova nicer job than I can, well if the budget allows haha

And Honda Civics... Hahahaha what a joke!!!!!

Wow!! Wish mine was that far along! Your car looks amazing! Great Job!

Thank you all for the complements! I'm taking the car out with weekend to bracket race in the high school class at Route 66 in Joliet. I actually had to order adj roller rockers after I kept bending pushrods. I ordered a new set from manton pushrods and got the rollers from 440source and now we are back in business!

268148_1666283837317_1843924880_1127947_145396_n.jpg

Here, everyone always loves videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjeCyVvg4Ss

that motor sounds H-E-A-L-T-H-Y.rocks the car when you step it up.

Auto Transport Service
Back