• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Dodge R/T

All the DANA 60 cars that I have seen had a 68 under the ax and they were factory 3.54 and factory 4.10 geared. I never heard of that first digit being the ratio qualifier….are you sure about that? Not disputing, genuinely asking…. Thanks

All the DANA 60 cars that I have seen had a 68 under the ax and they were factory 3.54 and factory 4.10 geared. I never heard of that first digit being the ratio qualifier….are you sure about that? Not disputing, genuinely asking…. Thanks

They would have A68 for the code, 3.54 ratio in a Dana. If 8 3/4 car (Automatic) the ratio would be 3.55.

https://chargersourceguide.com/67fendertag.html

“AX” is for rear axle ratio. We will deal with the “A” first.....
A1 = 2.76 to 1 ratio
A2 = 2.94 to 1 ratio
A4 = 3.23 to 1 ratio
A6 = 3.54 to 1 ratio (dana rear end only)
A6 = 3.55 to 1 ratio
A7 = 3.91 to 1 ratio
A9 = special order ratio
X8 = sure-grip rear axle (if no code under the “X”, then it’s an open style rear end, or non-sure grip)

Should this car have the torque boxes where the leaf springs mount?
No, the 440-powered cars had none of the body stiffening structure that the Hemi cars had. I am talking hardtops here; the convertibles had much the same structure to stiffen the unitbody. Hemi hardtop cars were structurally pretty well a convertible with a solid roof on it.

Should this car have the torque boxes where the leaf springs mount?

Its possible, But VERY unlikely. But I have heard of some 68-70 non hemi cars with them in the past

my friend has one for sale in phoenix,az ...perfect 2dr ht r/t i think for $37,000

no, a restored yellow r/t , same guy restored my 67 r.t convertible did this one , i will check and see if he still has it...let me know if you're interested...

no, a restored yellow r/t , same guy restored my 67 r.t convertible did this one , i will check and see if he still has it...let me know if you're interested...

This the one with white interior by chance.

yea , i haven't talk to my friend in a couple of months, but there was another one at the glendale swap meet 2 months ago yellow, with white , but my friends is nicer...

yea , i haven't talk to my friend in a couple of months, but there was another one at the glendale swap meet 2 months ago yellow, with white , but my friends is nicer...

Ok.

I looked at one last year at the hemi show.

Nice car.....
but next car i buy will have air.

My 67 4spd R/T Dana 3:54 originally had the 440 motor and has also no Torque boxes also.

67-70 440 4bbl hardtop B-bodies do not get torque boxes.

Yes the AX code 68 means :
6 3.5 ratio
8 sure grip

so you have to engage brain and figure out that a 440 4speed car has a Dana.

a 1968 383 4 speed road runner can have the same AX code 68, but a 383 car can’t have a Dana 60 so you know it’s an 8 3/4

No, the 440-powered cars had none of the body stiffening structure that the Hemi cars had. I am talking hardtops here; the convertibles had much the same structure to stiffen the unitbody. Hemi hardtop cars were structurally pretty well a convertible with a solid roof on it.
Thanks for the correction. What about Hemi’s only getting the the Bendix booster in 1967 disc brake cars?

Thanks for the correction. What about Hemi’s only getting the the Bendix booster in 1967 disc brake cars?
440 engine cars got a Bendix dual diaphragm boosters as well, but it was different than the Hemi booster. The Hemi booster had 3/8" bolts, rather than 5 /16" ones, in a different pattern to attach to the bracket. From the front, they look about the same. The one that is being reproduced is the 440 version.

440 engine cars got a Bendix dual diaphragm boosters as well, but it was different than the Hemi booster. The Hemi booster had 3/8" bolts, rather than 5 /16" ones, in a different pattern to attach to the bracket. From the front, they look about the same. The one that is being reproduced is the 440 version.
Thanks. Our 440 4 speed, factory ordered has the Bendix Hemi booster. That’s why I was asking. Also have a 67 L that was in a fire, also has the Hemi booster. 3/8 bolts and correct spacing. Interesting.

In 1968 R/T's, the disc brake 440 cars had a Bendix booster mounted directly to the firewall. Only the Hemi cars retained the raised bracket. My own '67 R/T was a non-power 11' drum brake car when I bought it. I converted it to 4 piston disc brakes from a '69 Charger. I bought a NOS Bendix booster with 5/16" bolts at Mopar Nat's one year, and installed it directly to the firewall, 1968 style. I am thinking the 1967 440 booster must be the same as the Hemi one to bolt to the special bracket. It would not make sense to have a second raised bracket for a different bolt pattern. I never gave this much consideration before.

In 1968 R/T's, the disc brake 440 cars had a Bendix booster mounted directly to the firewall. Only the Hemi cars retained the raised bracket. My own '67 R/T was a non-power 11' drum brake car when I bought it. I converted it to 4 piston disc brakes from a '69 Charger. I bought a NOS Bendix booster with 5/16" bolts at Mopar Nat's one year, and installed it directly to the firewall, 1968 style. I am thinking the 1967 440 booster must be the same as the Hemi one to bolt to the special bracket. It would not make sense to have a second raised bracket for a different bolt pattern. I never gave this much consideration before.
Yes it is the same as the Hemi.

Auto Transport Service
Back