• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX 4spd how many remain

440Matt

Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good estimation of how many 1967 GTX 4spd cars have survived all these years?

3ED9A728-2B3D-4ED6-A755-5D8C20C1F78B.jpeg

Can't really answer your question. But to let you know there is a Facebook group. The 1967 GTX-R/T Registry. Owners of these cars are invited to join and list their cars by VIN. This list gives info on the cars registered, as well as the engine, trans, interior, color options, etc. I listed mt 67 R/T 4 speed car on it.

No way to know unless you can account for every serial number.

I have looked in every garage and backyard in the world. I lost count somewhere around 236 when I stopped at a tavern in Illinois. Going back to the start now to make sure the count is accurate.

Can't really answer your question. But to let you know there is a Facebook group. The 1967 GTX-R/T Registry. Owners of these cars are invited to join and list their cars by VIN. This list gives info on the cars registered, as well as the engine, trans, interior, color options, etc. I listed mt 67 R/T 4 speed car on it.
Hey thanks

My guess it is not too many. First of all, since the GTX was directed towards a more affluent buyer, most that were made were with a 727. I don't have the production numbers, but relatively speaking, there weren't many 4 speed cars made in the first place.

@67BluonBlak has one he is restoring.

...so unless you know the location and/or disposition of all 2,486 of them, there is no way to know how many "are left".

Would it be logical to guesstimate 20 to 25% of the 2,486 may have survived. Do we have a logics expert on board...

Nope.

Too many factors besides a simple guestimate.

It's really a pointless exercise.

Even if you arbitrarily assigned a number, what would you do with that number?

You might as well just use the number in the registry and know you are wrong and on the low side, but by how many is simply not knowable.

At least at that point you can say "*** number in the registry" instead of a silly sounding "only *** of them left".

Nope.

Too many factors besides a simple guestimate.

It's really a pointless exercise.

Even if you arbitrarily assigned a number, what would you do with that number?

You might as well just use the number in the registry and know you are wrong and on the low side, but by how many is simply not knowable.

At least at that point you can say "*** number in the registry" instead of a silly sounding "only *** of them left".
I agree it is all but impossible to put a number on how many remain.

I will say that in all my years of going to the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, I personally have seen few 67 GTXs, and of those, I could count on one hand the number of 4 speeds. By contrast, when I park my Limelight Air Grabber 70 Road Runner, it gets lost as one of 40 or 50 beautiful 70's - there seem to be tons of them to check out, with every possible configuration!

After nearly five decades of owning Gen 2 GTXs, I concur that it is impossible to figure the number remaining. All of my cars spent decades off the radar, either before, or after I owned them. Number one has been MIA since 1989, when it was sold by a dealer. I assume it survived, as it changed hands during the height of the first B body bull market, but it has never shown up in Roger Wilson's 1970 GTX registry. My current car was in hiding for nearly 40 years, near concours condition, but never went to Carlisle.

...and that kind of thing is actually the norm, rather than the exception.

Would it be logical to guesstimate 20 to 25% of the 2,486 may have survived. Do we have a logics expert on board...
No.

That’s the common voodoo math people want to use to reach an invalid number.

The number is not linear based on the number built as there are far too many variables.

Like I always say about the 68 RTs, "They only built about 10,000 of them and about 4000 were 4 speeds, and that was over 50 years ago, so..."
Let the other person do the imaginary math in there head...Then if you have to, like Hawkrod said, say how many Roadrunners were built.
That establishes that they are less common than the most commonly seen Mopars, but they aren't the rarest ones out there. You know there is less than 2400 still out there, probably a lot less so... speculation is the fun part.

Its kind of like "bench racing" for classic cars, instead of guessing how much horsepower your car makes, you are guessing how many cars remain, based on a few facts and a few wild ideas. No way to prove either one, but it gives you an idea, and something to BS about.

My brother bought the exact car in late 66 except his had the black stripes. He had the four spd with the tac on the console. I have forever since been in love with the gold 67 GTX

Auto Transport Service
Back