• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX at the Hanksters in PA, ???

They used a broad mop in the engine compartment to. wiper motor to hood spring and every nut and bolt in between are all body color
I had made a similar observation with my former 4 spd GTX, but ended up buying the car. The engine compartment photos showed way too much body color in places where it shouldn't have been. I would have never looked at the car if it had been offered by a dealer, but after talking to the private seller, I decided to gamble $300 on a plane ticket, and never regretted it. When I inspected the car in person, I estimated it would probably take at least $2000 and probably 100 hours of my time to get it right.

Every other area of the car was top quality, and my estimate on the clean-up costs proved accurate. The auction market has since valued that car as one of the top 1969 440 GTX hardtops in the country. But I wouldn't have touched it with a ten foot pole if I hadn't eyeballed it in person. An inspection can cut both ways. Could either spare you from buying a tarted up toad, or connect you with a rough diamond.

Last edited:
I think everyone should start adding "-ster" on the ends of their names. Makes you uber cool, apparently.
- Edster

Auto Transport Service
Back