• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX at the Hanksters in PA, ???

Don't know the car, but it's a short road trip for me if he wants it checked out. About half an hour away from where the Demonstrator was hidden. Some nice B bodies have been stashed in that area.

Don't know the car, but it's a short road trip for me if he wants it checked out. About half an hour away from where the Demonstrator was hidden. Some nice B bodies have been stashed in that area.
Thanks, I'll keep you posted. Guy was supposed to call them today and get more info

I gave him this list earlier today

Looking at this one - I see a restoration by someone unfamiliar with Mopars. At first glance it looks like a nice car. BUT,,,,,, The air cleaner is later year 340 style Hammer marks at the rear footwell area. Ford-style starter relay. Rad support blackout, trunk finish, ft seat covers, heel pad/gas pedal placement all look "quick flip". Contour of rear lower quarters - especially right side - don't look quite right to me, though I may be wrong there. But looks like a patch panel on the right (trunk photo). I think the rear decor panel should be a darker argent. Painted latches/strikers - screams quickie deal. Overspray the radiator & headlight harness? Not sure what's up with the hole in the B-pillar. Some smaller details like the extra dash warning light, lots of wrong underhood details, dash knob inserts...some easy to correct, though. Needs battery cable, painted wiper motor, wrong master cyl. etc etc And whats with the plug in the intake in front of the carb ? In my opinion this car is worth mid 30s range. At the most. Not that a damn nice 67 GTX wouldnt pull upper 40s. But it aint this one

Wheel lip moldings?

Why do you say the master cylinder is incorrect? I'm pretty sure that is a power drum master?
Aftermarket lid.

But the backwards $1000 340 aircleaner is a score.

For $50k I would think the underside would be a little better and underhood area. Correct air cleaner is ~$500 now.

Looks like $10k of dealer markup on a $35-40k car.

I would think you could find a private sale at that money and a much better car.

We know the budget, what is he looking for?

Almost thought they bolted the intake on backwards. Can't be, the choke well is correct. Did they get a recessed plug when the vacuum port was in front?

For $50k I would think the underside would be a little better and underhood area. Correct air cleaner is ~$500 now.

Looks like $10k of dealer markup on a $35-40k car.

I would think you could find a private sale at that money and a much better car.

We know the budget, what is he looking for?
In a perfect world he wants a Hemi car . But budget he has that is not likely.

I think Ive pretty much talked him out of the Hanksters car

So, he is thinking ideal 2nd - 1967 GTX , 440 4pd preffered. But will consider an auto. if all else cks the boxes. Color combo, condition. etc etc
Man wants a damn nice driver level car. Not a trailer queen

Ideally on the west coast so he can drive up an take a look see.

So, he is thinking ideal 2nd - 1967 GTX , 440 4pd preffered. But will consider an auto. if all else cks the boxes. Color combo, condition. etc etc

Ideally on the west coast so he can drive up a take a look see.
Ah, yes. We all want a Hemi car. Same boat here.

If he like 67 R/Ts, there’s been a few nicer ones available lately. For some reason they fetch a couple grand less than the equivalent GTX.

I'm surprised he didn't jump on the '67 GTX that was for sale on this site in December. Looked like a much nicer car than the one at Hankster's, and priced the same.

Ideally on the west coast so he can drive up an take a look see.
The nice driver level cars seem the hardest to come by. A "till death do us part" situation. I've seen hardly any like Baby Blue change hands in public sales. My car changed hands privately, and the legacy was more important to me than the sale price.

I'm surprised he didn't jump on the '67 GTX that was for sale on this site in December. Looked like a much nicer car than the one at Hankster's, and priced the same.
I wasnt aware this guy was even looking at that time.

But that car would have been right up his ally , and it soled quickly

ps, I'll send you a PM

@gtx6970

Came across this today on fb. Not sure if it's legit or not. The same user also has a blue 67 Coronet R/T listed.

nc_ohc=k1CTutiZ5bMAX8jDwC8&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio3-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

Looks like a real decent car . I wonder if its real though

Ive forwarded it on to the man. Just in case

I wonder too. I think it said it was in the Boise, ID area but those trees don't look very "Boise" like to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back