• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX front brake drums

Every front drum on that rockauto page is for 10” brakes.

If a 67 GTx has front drums they are 11”

I have been T H E source on the for " B " bodies site and the for " C " bodies site for decades as I have
*** N.O.S. U.S.A. made *** BRAKE DRUMS and *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Shoes , such that you do not rip up these
Brake Drums to smithereens.....

P.M. me, as per forum rules, if you would like..... Craig.....

Has anyone found other companies?

I've been reading a lot of horror stories on this forum about shoes being made wrong and not working properly.

There are no other “ companies “ 67 GTX —- all roads lead to China with every one of these packaging companies with Chineseum parts….

I apologize in advance —- I don’t give you a free egg roll with the purchase of my parts….

Yours, Craig….

Have you tried Summit?
Brake shoes. Brake drums of this size can generally be safely machined 0.060" to fix ovality/scoring etc.
Generic brake shoes are probably made to stock size, not an oversize drum. The shoes may need to be radius ground to the size of the drum; then they will 'work'.

Auto Transport Service
Back