• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX owners, lets see them!

PAint color is...

Looks like the color on my `66 Belvedere II...Light Mauve Poly (50702). In `67 the color number is listed as Mauve Poly (50731). On `66 Chryslers it was called Lilac Poly (50702) and `67s was listed as Mauve Mist Poly and Dusty Pink Poly(both 50731). This seems to be a two year color run. My body guy said when he ordered the paint he did find the color was also listed for a later (80s or 90s?) vehicle...he couldn't remember what though. Mine shows a lot of Silver in it in the sunlight and more 'Violet' in indirect lighting/ overcast. I have had many positive comments on the color, even with my rusty steel wheels still on the car (build in progress)!

Here is a link for color chips:
http://www.mopar1.us/chip/chips.html

Here is mine.

IMG_4233.jpg IMG_4232.jpg IMG_4235.JPG

1badgtx and 68sportsatelliteragtop, what size wheels (including backspacing) and tires are you guys running? Wheels and tires will be one of my next purchases and I want to get as much under those small rear wheel houses as possible. Did either of you have to trim any sheet metal?

68sportsatelliteragtop,
I'm in Leonardtown. What part of SoMd are you in? Was hoping I might have my `66 Belvedere II on the road (at the 'Spring Fling' maybe?) at the end of April.

pic of my x

getting there

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 736
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 738
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 735
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 763
Looks like this original color is becoming popular.

This was the factory color of my `66 Belvedere II. I chose to stay with the original color

`66 Belvedere II

Had to shrink photos to load them...

Attachments

• bringing car home 009.jpg
    bringing car home 009.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 743
  • bringing car home 030.jpg
    bringing car home 030.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 686
Going from my foggy memory I think when I bought it I found that the data plate didn't show stripes. Does that sound right - stripes or no stripes can be determined from the data plate? But - I have thought about adding them anyway.

By the way - that's a beautiful green GTX.

Dan

Here is mine HEMI GTX!

I have a 100% unrestored, 42K mile, 1 prev owner, Fully Documented Real Deal Hemi GTX. Waiting on some help to load pic's as I am missing a security token or something. Admin notified. The pic's will be up shortly. Joe

Last edited:
If you got the security message when you tried to post pics it means your pics are too large. Resize them to a smaller size and they will load.

I have a 100% unrestored, 42K mile, 1 prev owner, Fully Documented Real Deal Hemi GTX. Waiting on some help to load pic's as I am missing a security token or something. Admin notified. The pic's will be up shortly. Joe

Hey Joe do you go to Bear Mountain ???

Just came home from the World of Wheels show in New Orleans.

Attachments

• gtxwowfri1.jpg
    gtxwowfri1.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 653
Any one know if there is a registry of 67 GTX. Maybe we could start one.
It would be cool to see how many are left.

Just finished up the refreshing of our 67 GTX. It was GG1 and has had a color change to 881 bright blue poly. The vinyl top was eliminated, and the 440 was replaced with a 426 Hemi. The car, who`s name is King Kong won first place in the 1966-67 Plymouth and Dodge b-body class at a judged all Mopar car show this past weekend.
67HemiAugusta.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back