• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX Sail Panel Trim-Help

JJon

Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
Need help with removing sail panel trim on 67 GTX. Vinyl top car where vinyl meets top of qtr panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You have to pull the headliner loose at the rear pillar inside the car which means removing the trim around the side and rear windows. It's not quite as scary as it may sound as the headliner material should be held by toothed strips around the perimeter and can be carefully pulled loose enough to get access to the nuts holding the trim on. Then the cloth can be carefully stretched and re-anchored on the toothed strips after the trim is replaced.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

It’s the same vinyl or not. Some things not mentioned. You have to remove The package tray and the upper seat surround. The headliner is under the package tray.

It’s a paint in the ***. And it will take some time. Also remove some of the metal with the teeth to hold the headliner.

last the headliners get brittle and the material can crack when you try to remove it back there, the sunlight bakes it in the rear window area.

Thanks for filling in the details. It's been a few years since I was in there on mine.

my dads had a piece of cardboard type in between the headliner and the body

It’s the same vinyl or not. Some things not mentioned. You have to remove The package tray and the upper seat surround. The headliner is under the package tray.

It’s a paint in the ***. And it will take some time. Also remove some of the metal with the teeth to hold the headliner.

last the headliners get brittle and the material can crack when you try to remove it back there, the sunlight bakes it in the rear window area.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

Auto Transport Service
Back