• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 charger sail panel trim clip location

Nachtfalke

Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

i bought a clip-kit for the sail panel vinyl roof trim but i can not figure out where these are supposed to go?

20231216_120313[1].jpg

20231216_120519[1].jpg

Thanks in advance,
Stephan

They should line up with the holes at the base of the sail panel (if it’s a vinyl top car).

You have spring clips where the stud and nut clips go. They are accessed inside the trunk. The other two or three spring clips go in the front holes.

clipsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Three yellow are spring clips the two red are the stud clips.

100_0695xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

thanks, this helps alot. Mine originally was a vinyl roof car, however the trim holes have been closed with bondo. I will drill them open from the inside out since they are still visible from inside the trunk. This kit includes 8 spring clips and 4 stud clips. Did they put 2 extra spring clips?

The stud clips are a little off-center, is the stud supposed to be closer to the top, or closer to the bottom?

Or maybe i dont understand how these are supposed to go in there?
20231216_144600.jpg
20231216_144628.jpg

The picture on the right is correct. Just bend the wire down so the wire goes into the molding groove. No idea why they have extra spring clips. My photo is from a vinyl top car.

Auto Transport Service
Back