• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1967 L-code Charger project for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbiggs

Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I know some long time FBBO members will recognize this car from my 2009 “for sale” posting. Same car, pretty much same condition except the car is now 51 years old and I am now 76 years old.

The car has been stored inside since I purchased it in 1990 awaiting the restoration I had every intention of giving it. Last year I rebuilt the original carb, installed a rebuilt starter and tried to get the engine running. Turned over with the starter just fine, but never got it to fire off. Haven’t tried this year and probably won’t. So it’s a non-running car, which certainly doesn’t make easier to sell.

I don’t know much about the car prior to 1990 other than it came from KY (still has the 1976 Covington sticker). Somebody in the Bluegrass state ordered this 1967 Charger with the 440 Magnum engine, Power disc brakes, Air conditioning, a few other little options and then had a custom made trailer hitch added.

Anyway the car is for sale again. Pictures are from 2009 mainly because things are pretty much the same and it’s not easy to move the car in and out of the barn for a new photo-op.

Perfect build sheet and fender tag are there. And.....original floors and trunk do not need replacement. As seen in the pictures, the car has some sheet metal damage from previous accidents, but is rust is minimal. Original 440 Magnum carburetor, distributor, exhaust manifolds, air cleaner and chrome valve covers all still intact. Build date on car was Jan. 6, 1967 engine stamped C440 HP 1 1 (Jan.1 assy. date.)

Original color was DD1 Light metallic blue with white non-console interior.

A 1967 Charger parts car is included in the sale. The parts car has all sheet metal in fairly decent condition with short block 383 date code E 383 5 7, rear end and A/T. This was an original non console, factory A/C car.

I realize pictures of the parts car are nearly useless, unfortunately it would be quite a job to drag it from the barn for better pictures.

Prices on the more popular second generation Chargers have risen to the point of excluding some buyers who like B-body Mopars but don’t have the financial resources to enter and enjoy the hobby. This rare first generation factory high performance 67 Charger might be just the ticket for someone like that. It will require a complete body, drivetrain and interior restoration, but when finished, it will garner just as many thumbs up. Personally, they have always been my favorite.

The cars are located in Front Royal, VA 22630, and the asking package price for both is $7300.00. Please PM for my phone number or send me yours if you want to talk or request more information. Not parting out either car.

67 ext 1  600*450 pixel.jpg 67 ext 2  600*450 pixel.jpg 67 eng 1  600*450 pixel.jpg 67 Blue Charger fendertag.jpg 67 int 1 9:6.jpg 67 L code buildsheet.jpg 67 parts car ext1.jpg 67 parts car ext4.jpg 67 parts car int1_1025.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back