• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Plymouth Belvedere l 273 engine paint color ideas

What color to paint engine

• Chrysler corp blue

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Chrysler Industrial Red

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

1967Belvedere

Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

SO I'm having my buddy paint my engine in which he's very good at doing and hes painted older cars before to. He mentioned about doing the paint color Chrysler corp blue and the air cleaner and other stuff black. He said it would look nice with my dark blue paint on my car. I know online says the small blocks 273 for my year were red but we didn't think red would look as nice as the blue would on my color car. Whats everyone's opinion blue, red or other?
Thanks

Belvedere.jpg

My 67 Plymouth barracuda 273 is blue, but I don't know if that is original or correct .
My opinion, paint it whatever YOU want.

My 273 was red. Assuming stock heads and valve covers, I'd go black accents on majority red block etc.

Whatever floats your boat, but I voted blue

You guys will throw stones at me but I'm doing my 520 stroker block in a Ford blue. It matches the whole "motif" of the entire build better. :up:

Auto Transport Service
Back