• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 quarter window regulator

joemish

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
Rollers popped out of glass rail. Got new roller kit but rollers still pop out. The regulator in car had a curved or bent arm. got a used regulator and arms are straight (flat not curved). Question is which regulator is the correct one. 2nd question what is the sequence to put the rollers in slots, or the start to finish sequence of installation. thnx, joe

Just know that 1966 and 1967 quarter window mechanisms are entirely different. What year are your parts from?

Just know that 1966 and 1967 quarter window mechanisms are entirely different. What year are your parts from?
I have a ad for right 1/4 window regulator parts on pg. 4 in interior parts for sale. I believe the car is 67, I didn't know there was a difference.

I can't say which is the correct piece without seeing what you have, but maybe put up a picture or two?

On the removal/install--remove the glass first by rolling it down until the bolts are accessible. Then unbolt everything from the outside and remove the tracks first. The tracks will slide up off of the rollers, and then finagle the frame and regulator up and out. I pull the window support frame out first and the actual regulator follows it (they should be connected). And don't hit your headliner! When you put the new parts in, there's rollers on the regulator that go into key-shaped slots on the frame. Keep them all engaged in their slots while you cram everything back in. (You'll see what I'm talking about when you get it out). It should settle right into position, or at least close; then slide the tracks back in over their rollers and start bolting things back on. If the window was adjusted well before, I mark all the adjusting bolt positions before disassembly so I'm not starting from scratch there.
It goes without saying to get a good look at everything before pulling it....pictures if you can and keep your FSM handy. It's really not that difficult and fairly self-explanatory once you study it..good luck!

Mopar Muscle had an article, that had AMD installing side glass. There are also videos, suggest googling quarter glass for your car or one similar to yours.

I can't say which is the correct piece without seeing what you have, but maybe put up a picture or two?

On the removal/install--remove the glass first by rolling it down until the bolts are accessible. Then unbolt everything from the outside and remove the tracks first. The tracks will slide up off of the rollers, and then finagle the frame and regulator up and out. I pull the window support frame out first and the actual regulator follows it (they should be connected). And don't hit your headliner! When you put the new parts in, there's rollers on the regulator that go into key-shaped slots on the frame. Keep them all engaged in their slots while you cram everything back in. (You'll see what I'm talking about when you get it out). It should settle right into position, or at least close; then slide the tracks back in over their rollers and start bolting things back on. If the window was adjusted well before, I mark all the adjusting bolt positions before disassembly so I'm not starting from scratch there.
It goes without saying to get a good look at everything before pulling it....pictures if you can and keep your FSM handy. It's really not that difficult and fairly self-explanatory once you study it..good luck!
I totally understand what you are saying, about the tracks. the window is on the track assembly but it is not attached to the regulator arms . So should i remove the glass put all together then insert , then the tracks then glass last?

I totally understand what you are saying, about the tracks. the window is on the track assembly but it is not attached to the regulator arms . So should i remove the glass put all together then insert , then the tracks then glass last?
Yeah...at least that's what I do. Glass is first thing out, last thing in.

Auto Transport Service
Back