• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 wiper motor #2808767 or 2808801

View attachment 1213460
This is the variable speed motor for 67.

Jerry, do you know the part number or which manufacturer your wiper motor is? My parts book says it should be 2808 801 for the variable speed wiper motor, which was an option for 1967. Kim says it should be a Leave Neville or General Industries. Let me know if you can and then I can post a WTB on the forum parts for sale page. Thank you.

2580915 is the number on the barrel of the variable speed wiper motor. I have 4, 67 GTX'S with that number wiper motor. I don't know what it says in the parts manual, but this is the number on the actual parts. A sort of funny thing is that I have two cars with that number and identical date codes. As @R413 and others stated, the easiest way to identify what you need is buy the switch. With the switch turned completely counter clockwise, you should have one click clockwise and then about 3/4 of a turn continuing clockwise with no other clicks, until it stops. If you have a second click after the first, it's a two speed motor.

I just ckd mine ( its a variable speed btw ) and I cant find a number stamped in it. just some rambling numbers AA 1 U and 505 which I believe is date code
Cars SBD date is early april 66

Also, I believe your reverse light switch wiring goes through the wiper harness connector on a 4 spd

To All, see the attached list, which was sent to me by 440 4 speed, is very helpful, as it shows that there are four (4) different numbered wiper motors that have the same variable speed function. I have two of the #2770147 wiper motors, which is a correct variable wiper motor for 1967. You will also see that part #2808 801 is also listed as correct for 1967 variable speed motor. The wiper motor # 2808767 was made in late 67. Finally, the "gold" finish motor # 2580915 is also correct for 1967. I spoke with Chris Topher McGinnis yesterday and he had both the #2580915 (gold) motor and the #280881 (early 66-67) with the white "plastic" cover.

Then I spoke with Bill Meerholz Enterprises ([email protected]) and he told me that both of my motors are correct for my car, which is confirmed by the part #. If you look at the attached part numbers, I have two of the# 2770147 wiper motors (Black/aluminium) shown in the parts book, which are also variable speed. These came with my car. So it appears that there are 4 different numbered wiper motors that were variable speed. The difference is when they were manufactured, either early 66/67, mid 67 or late 67(#2808767) which also made their way into 1968.

My car was built on Nov. 21, 1966 and I am told by Chris Topher McGinnis that the wiper motors would have been built several months prior to the car build date. So my car could have either the variable speed #2580915 (Gold) motor or the #2770147(black/aluminium) motor, which I have. The #2808767 black/aluminum (late 67) or #2808801(early 66-67 with the white/black finish) could have made its way onto most any car that year, depending on inventory. So it appears that my motors are correct. Now I have to figure out why my Hemi air cleaner cover won't fit onto the base.

Quite the assortment of wiper motors for the 1967 Charger.

Thanks to 440 4 speed for the parts book information, that solved many questions I had. I also have attached my 1967 parts book page that shows only one varaible speed motor
# 2808801 and one two speed motor # 2808 767, which are also both shown in the parts page I received from 440 4 speed. I guess he has a better parts book than me. It can be exhausting tracking down numbers on these cars. All I want to do is get it assembled and running to enjoy, can't wait for that day!

Highlighted part numbers (2).jpg 1967 wiper motor #'s.jpg

My car ,April 67 baby, came with the gold motor.

Well the air cleaner cover fit afterall! I am embarassed to say that the only reason the air cleaner cover was hitting the wiper motor is because I have the engine in the car WITHOUT the transmission and the engine was leaning down in the back thus preventing the lid to fit PAST the wiper motor and onto the base plate. I feel so stupid. I have a floor jack with a piece of wood under the bellhousing and after sitting a week like that, the jack had come down just enough to have the engine sag. Yesterday when I went to my shop to work on the car, I saw it immediately, jacked the engine up to a level position and the lid went right on. Again I feel so stupid of being so focused on the lid hitting the wiper motor that I lost sight of the problem at hand. So I do have the correct variable speed wiper motor that came with the car. Also I checked the wiper switch and it is correct for the variable speed wiper motor. And the reason the trans is not in is another story for the 67 Hemi Hemi 4 speed setup. BUT I won't bore you with those details as I am waiting for my transmission to be built. Thank you for understanding, take care.

lid on air cleaner #2.jpg lid on air cleaner #3.jpg lid on air cleaner.jpg

Last edited:
Things happen - not the least of which is life in general - holidays, Wuhan, relatives. I could write a novel on my errant moves.

Auto Transport Service
Back