• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 wiper motor #2808767 or 2808801

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
Good afternoon, I have a 67 Dodge Charger with a 426 Hemi that I am restoring. I bought the car as a project, engine out and most of the engine bay components were missing. I have assembled over the past year everything I need except a correct wiper motor. My parts book says it should be #2808 767 for a 2 speed and #2808 801 for the optional variable speed. How do I tell which one I need? Is there different wiring or design? Does anyone have a photo of either one of these wiper motors?

I've looked in my service manual and parts books and can't find a picture, drawing of what I need, I only have the part numbers. I have sent Kim @Passion4Mopars an email. I looked at her website but didn't see what one of these wiper motors looks like.

I have two wiper motors, #26375-01 and #26375-01 that each have a set of sub-numbers, see attached photos. Not sure what they belong to, as neither one is on Kim's list on her website. I installed each one today but my air cleaner cover doesn't fit because it is hitting the wiper motor. The air cleaner base fits with the filter but not the cover.

Any help is appreciated.

wioer motor # 26375-01  415  2770147.jpg Wiper motor #26375-01  415  277047296.jpg

Good afternoon, I have a 67 Dodge Charger with a 426 Hemi that I am restoring. I bought the car as a project, engine out and most of the engine bay components were missing. I have assembled over the past year everything I need except a correct wiper motor. My parts book says it should be #2808 767 for a 2 speed and #2808 801 for the optional variable speed. How do I tell which one I need? Is there different wiring or design? Does anyone have a photo of either one of these wiper motors?

I've looked in my service manual and parts books and can't find a picture, drawing of what I need, I only have the part numbers. I have sent Kim @Passion4Mopars an email. I looked at her website but didn't see what one of these wiper motors looks like.

I have two wiper motors, #26375-01 and #26375-01 that each have a set of sub-numbers, see attached photos. Not sure what they belong to, as neither one is on Kim's list on her website. I installed each one today but my air cleaner cover doesn't fit because it is hitting the wiper motor. The air cleaner base fits with the filter but not the cover.

Any help is appreciated.

View attachment 1213413 View attachment 1213414
Once you have advice as to which motor you need, you should start a WTB advert here.

Contact Chris. His Wiper Motors are A1, and Priced Right ! He is also a Gen 1 Charger Expert. Tell him I sent you.
1226211752.jpg

Did those 2 motors come with your car?

Do you have a broadcast sheet or window sticker?

Go to your wiper switch and operate it. The switches are different. Does it click twice each direction? Or if you turn it all the way left, then go right, does it click once and then turn smoothly about 3/4 of a turn?

Is the wiper linkage in the car or out? Does your wiper linkage have a 3” arm on the end with a slot?

Last edited:
Did those 2 motors come with your car?

Do you have a broadcast sheet or window sticker?

Go to your wiper switch and operate it. Does it click twice each direction? Or if you turn it all the way left, then go right, does it click once and then turn smoothly about 3/4 of a turn?

Is the wiper linkage in the car or out? Does your wiper linkage have a 3” arm on the end with a slot?

Both wiper motors were in a box of parts when I bought the car. No I do not have the broadcast sheet or window sticker. When I researched before buying the car was registered with Galen Govier by Cecil Higginbotham out of the Ocala, Florida. I spoke with Galen and he confirmed. I haven't operated the wipers yet as I just put the engine back into the car after I did all the new wiring, painting etc. I didn't realize the air cleaner wouldn't go on until today. I tried to install today and the base fits with the air filter but the hemi air cleaner cover will not fit with the wiper motors I have. I will measure the linkage, which is in the car. I removed my gauge cluster today and will measure. Thanks.

Strange because the aircleaner should fit around either wiper motor.

2 speeds shown here. Your motors look like 1966 motors. Look how the black and aluminum are equal size on yours, but not on these 67’s.

The part number in the book and the casting number on the part are not always the same.

Quick and easy to end this mystery by turning the switch on the dash. That will tell the story.

243093C8-64B1-45C6-9036-8B58D8927267.jpeg 356DE7D5-61DA-4082-9EAA-2804FDA9D806.jpeg

Last edited:
Strange because the aircleaner should fit around either wiper motor.

2 speeds shown here. Your motors look like 1966 motors. Look how the black and aluminum are equal size on yours, but not on these 67’s.

View attachment 1213442 View attachment 1213443
Yeah I thought it would fit and never gave it a thought until today. I went to install my air cleaner and the lid won't drop down over the base, it is just hitting the wiper motor bracket that holds the wires in.

air cleaner base plate.jpg engine in bay.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

As posted many times, the switch will tell you what motor you need, 4 wire motor variable, not sure if the 3 speed is the same. 3 wire motor is 2 speed. All of this is what I have read. Our variable speed has 4 wires. The Topher Knows!!

20200106_152552.jpg

Here is the 2 speed.

Last edited:
Those motors Dean has look bigger in diameter.
Well, I have a few original motors on 66-7cars. My case is black. One 67 is part black, and have seen gold. I have 1 possibly 2 original 67’s with everything intact. Some motors are also shorter. Where there different suppliers? Don’t know.

Any help is appreciated.

If Kim didn’t know then check allpar

If Kim didn’t know then check allpar

Kim responded and told me that they are two manufacturers: Leave Neville or General Industries. The 2 speed wiper motor is identified with 3 wires to the bulkhead connector and 4 wires for the variable speed motor. I believe I have 4 wires to my bulkhead, I will check. The photo that Jerry Hall posted looks like the round case is thinner than mine, which is why it is the correct wiper motor. Thanks to all of you, just need to find the correct wiper motor. I will follow up with what I find, thanks to all of you.

Well, I have a few original motors on 66-7cars. My case is black. One 67 is part black, and have seen gold. I have 1 possibly 2 original 67’s with everything intact. Some motors are also shorter. Where there different suppliers? Don’t know.
According to Kim there are two suppliers, Leave Neville and General Industries, she didn't have a photo to attach but said she would see if she could find a photo and send to me. Looks like Jerry Hall has the right motor. Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back