• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 1968-70 quarter panel patch/ sheet metal scrap for me to fab.

Not open for further replies.


Well-Known Member
Local time
7:31 PM
Jan 23, 2017
Reaction score
simi valley Ca
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
I need a small piece of sheet metal to patch my Pass side lower quarter, just behind the door jamb and in front of the rear wheel, below GTX emblem and body line.
Car is a 68 GTX, and the patch sits just at the rocker moulding and in front of the wheel well lip.
The actual repair piece can be appx 11"x6".
It can be exactly from this spot or from some other area, flat if need be, i can work it to fit, but i want it the same gauge as what the quarter panel is.
I purchased a panel patch back in January and the part seems to be in perpetual back order.
Or if someone knows of a supplier for this particular patch that has them in stock.....please pm me a link
Thanks in advance.
I have quarters that I cut of my 68 Sport Satellite convertible. I don't have that exact piece. I can send you a picture of what I have if you are interested. Let me know.
Use a hood, fender or door for a patch. I have several body panels up the hill that nobody wants. I never have to buy metal for patches of that size.
I would get a piece of 16 gauge from Tractor Supply , Home depot or Lowe's if you don't have some scrap to cut it from. It wouldn't be thicker than 16 and should be at least 18 . Sheet metal thickness back then was all over the place due to the fact that the tolerances of the rolls of sheet steel varied.
Not open for further replies.