• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 1968 Charger 4 spd Console shifter handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnout68

Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a 4 Speed console shifter handle, bayonet style
I have a non console shifter handle could barter with or I can just buy outright possibly

Here is a console shifter. I will describe it as I got it with other parts years ago... It was with a 69 Charger 4 speed console and is a 69 shifter handle. Early 68 has small font HURST lettering and I don't know when the change occurred. It has a hole drilled where it slides into the mechanism, Had a coarse thread ball on it at some point, It was welded around the base so I don't know if it is altered as far as the position... All that being said they don't reproduce these with the Hurst on them and the chrome is in nice condition not all rusty and pitted like most... Let me know if any interest. $165 plus shipping.

DSCN1908.JPG DSCN1909.JPG DSCN1910.JPG DSCN1912.JPG DSCN1913.JPG DSCN1914.JPG DSCN1915.JPG

Last edited:
Going from memory, but I think for 68 it started with the inland and changed to hurst. Are you looking for a correct one for your car? Or any 4 sp console 68 shifter?

Going from memory, but I think for 68 it started with the inland and changed to hurst. Are you looking for a correct one for your car? Or any 4 sp console 68 shifter?

"Looking for a 4 Speed console shifter handle, bayonet style"

This is what they refer to as the bayonet style.. So he is not looking for an inland shifter...

Here is a console shifter. I will describe it as I got it with other parts years ago... It was with a 69 Charger 4 speed console and is a 69 shifter handle. Early 68 has small font HURST lettering and I don't know when the change occurred. It has a hole drilled where it slides into the mechanism, Had a coarse thread ball on it at some point, It was welded around the base so I don't know if it is altered as far as the position... All that being said they don't reproduce these with the Hurst on them and the chrome is in nice condition not all rusty and pitted like most... Let me know if any interest. $165 plus shipping.

View attachment 1069769 View attachment 1069770 View attachment 1069771 View attachment 1069772 View attachment 1069773 View attachment 1069775 View attachment 1069776
Definitely appreciate it just can’t chance it not being the correct angle for some odd reason
I do believe the originals were fine thread for 68
But will keep in mind, I’m not finding much else so may have to try it will let you know

Looking for what was correct on a 68 charger not sure all the differences from other b-body that year/years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back