• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR TRADE 1968 Charger Dash Bezel, would like to trade for 1969

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikubot

Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi guys I have the bezel out of a '68 Charger that I would like to trade for a '69 crackle texture bezel. Mine is in really good shape less a small 2 inch crack on the glove box piece (easily repairable). Can be used as a driver but to be perfect it would need chromed up and re-painted. Message me if you are interested, but I am not interested in selling at this time (just trade) as I will be using it until I find the correct bezel. Contact me if you need pics uploaded.
Thanks,
Mike

Is this the one you're looking for?
If so let me know. It's in great shape no cracks, the only thing is someone tried to highlight the raised letters in white and bled over on some, but an easy fix. I've had it hanging in garage..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 327
Xp29h,

I am about 99% sure thats the one. One thing I remembered: I may have had to repair one of the mounting points on my cluster. I'm not sure I did but its been 10 years since I got it so I cant remember. I'll check when I go to my mom's house. Meantime heres a couple photos I had my brother send me. Please ignore his feet haha

IMG_9098.jpg
IMG_9099.jpg
IMG_9100.jpg

Note: The highlights arent chrome, they are silver paint marker. I painted this face as most of the black was missing and the chrome was faded

Here are a couple more pics and info for you.

Looks like it's been painted in the past and as I stated someone tried to paint the letters on the front. I would redo those to make better. It is solid no cracks. The logo and numbers are on back, see pic. If interested in trade, pm me with info..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 336
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 309
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 305
Here's a couple more for ya Rob

image.jpg
image.jpg

Here's the other dash piece..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 280
Updated with pic of other dash piece fixed up. Not as good as I would have liked. The holes didn't fill great. But it's ok.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 249
I ended up making a box for the faceplate out of a larger box and it came out SOLID. I have not shipped something this fragile before, so I did want to check with you to see if you thought it was going to be protected. I made a couple of vertical braces to set the bezel in once its on the box. I figured they would keep it from bouncing around in the box a little better. I do plan on using packing peanuts or bubble wrap to further cushion the piece. The last thing I want to happen is one of the mounting points breaking off or a corner or something like that.

IMG_9649.jpg

IMG_9652.jpg

image.jpg

Perfect fit. The gauges have yellowed quite a bit on my cluster but it will be so awesome when I throw this puppy in. I've got a new harness for it too so the car will have (hopefully) a working set of lights and instruments for the first time in over 15 years! Thanks XP29H YOU ARE THE MAN!

Very nice! Glad to help! I'd like to see it lit up when you can!

I finally got some decent pics of my cluster. I repainted it and refaced my gauges, and added a tic toc tach too. Let me know what you think!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Fantastic. Looks great!! Nice to see all the lights work too. That's something I need to fix in mine. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back