• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger "Master Charger" RestoMod

hd4406z

Local time
8:19 PM
Reaction score
Work in progress on a 1968 Dodge Charger combining old style with newer Tech

Charger with Headlights installed.jpg IMG_2500.JPG IMG_2747.JPG IMG_4158.JPG IMG_0460.JPG IMG_4888.JPG Paint booth interior.jpg rear complete.jpg Rear view complete.jpg IMG_0942.JPG

I had this car since 1982 and it has been through a lot of different changes. started the restomod in 2010 and slowly coming together

IMG_0166.JPG IMG_0171.JPG IMG_0187.JPG MVC-001F.JPG MVC-004F.JPG P1010167.JPG charg.jpg charger 002.jpg DSC00507.jpg IMG_0209.JPG

Thanks Glenwood, That scoop is long gone, was there when I bought car as it had a tunnel ram with the carbs sticking out.

I like the scoop, wish you still had it so that I could buy it off of you. I have a hood with a hole in it for the same reason. Nice Car!!

Beautiful car, looking forward to your thread. Your garage reminds me of mine during the Coronet resto! Unfortunately my garage doesn't have a new Challenger parked in it.

Beautiful car, looking forward to your thread. Your garage reminds me of mine during the Coronet resto! Unfortunately my garage doesn't have a new Challenger parked in it.
Thanks, It is farther along the Pictures are showing. Big holdup has been the Grill, ordered one from Classic Industries and still 6 months later nothing. I will post more before/during and after pictures

More pictures of body work and paint, originally Metallic Burgundy, was a General Lee clone when bought, painted Torred during the 90's it was either Plum Crazy or B5 Blue

DSC00508.jpg DSC00512.jpg DSC00514.jpg DSC00517.jpg engine compartment done.JPG IMG_0213.JPG IMG_0215.JPG IMG_0218.JPG IMG_0274.JPG IMG_0280.JPG

Wow! You have already done a lot of work. Beautiful car, keep it up.

Front suspension done and ready for new rubber and steering column to be installed

IMG_5827.JPG IMG_5828.JPG IMG_5829.JPG IMG_5830.JPG IMG_5831.JPG IMG_5832.JPG IMG_5833.JPG IMG_5834.JPG

I was trying to install the fuel tank and Hit a road block, during the body and paint phase, I had the trunk pan replaced and as it arrived in the shop with fuel cell the shop assumed that was the route it would continue. new pan didn't come with the brackets to secure the straps, so have to return the car to another shop to complete this task.

IMG_5838.JPG IMG_5840.JPG

The interior is from a 2009 SRT Charger, searched for a Plum Crazy car that has been wrecked and finally located one in OH, since it had the screen display in the headrest I traded those for Plum Crazy Daytona rests that were better suited for this project. I used the frame of the 68 as a basis so it can be removed and installed as the originals. Local shop did the work of extending the SRT back seat, the embroidery was done by Jina's Embroidery, she does some amazing stuff for Mopars.

IMG_3714.JPG IMG_3715.JPG IMG_3716.JPG IMG_3717.JPG IMG_3718.JPG IMG_3846.JPG IMG_3858.JPG IMG_5019.JPG IMG_2499.JPG IMG_3869.JPG

Great Looking build, I plan on eventually doing a resto-mod to my 68.

Thank you, I don't know if you'll remember but back in 2010 I bought that Passenger side fender from you.

Thank you, I don't know if you'll remember but back in 2010 I bought that Passenger side fender from you.
Yeah, I thought your name was familiar. I should've taken notes on that fender as the AMD one wasn't set for antenna and lower splash guard holes weren't either. I have a lot parts incase you ever start looking.

Update: Classic Industries just shipped the Grill, so I should be getting it next week and I will post install pics. I can't wait to see it put all together.

Auto Transport Service
Back