• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1968 Charger R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJP440

Local time
12:09 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
1968 Charger R/T. Originally equipped with a 440, it now has a 426 Hemi. This is an original black plate California car that retains ALL OF ITS ORIGINAL PANELS and has never been in an accident. I do have documentation and the plates to prove the origin of the car.
I restored the Car in 1993-4 for use as a second car. It was completely rebuilt mechanically. It has front disc brakes and the calipers were sleeved in SS by Apple hydraulics. The front and rear suspension were rebuilt and done with Urethane. The exterior of the car and engine compartment were stripped to bare metal. One small metal section, from a donor car, was replaced on the passenger front floor due to a leaky heater core. Other patches were done around the back window in metal. The front window corners required no repairs. PPG Deltron paint and primer was used exclusively. The interior was new from Legendary including new front seat foam. The original 8 track was replaced with a factory AM/FM. Everything works as it should with the exception of the clock and the tach which does not read correctly.
Shortly after the restoration was completed we moved to Ne. in 8-94. It then became a garage queen as my wife calls it :)
The Hemi was installed in 2002 and is a single 4 barrel 426. Both bumpers which were original to the car were redone by Tri city plating about the same time.
The restoration was not done to a concourse level (belts, hoses, etc.) as in 94 it was a Charger that was going to be used as a second vehicle. The car currently is showing a bit over 7K miles since the restoration. An Album of the restoration as well as copies of the receipts will go with the car. The build sheet that was in the car was in pieces and may or may not belong to the car. The fender tag has been misplaced. I should have it but have not had the time to look for it. It is a column shifted 727 as equipped from the factory which I happen to prefer.
The only thing it really needs at this time is a new set of tires due to age. With the tires replaced I would not hesitate to drive the car to either coast. It is a 25 year old restoration that was done well for the time period. It has been well preserved being covered and garaged the majority of the time. On a scale of 1-10 I would give it an honest 7.5 or so.
Asking 62,500. 68152
DSC01361.JPG

BTW: In the above side shot, the stripes look slanted, I assure they are not it's just the angle of the picture
frown.gif
DSC01316.JPG DSC01366.JPG DSC00615.JPG DSC00615.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back