• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet 500 Project

Glad you had a good time Jim. Kinda jealous, out in garage kinda trying to stay warm in Ohio.

I had to turn the AC on in traffic in Tucson. Started to stick to the vinyl seats.... It is fun chatting with people and watching the viewers wander by and listen to the comment. The trophies are just a bonus, like I said to threewood I wanted it to remind 80's kids of their teen years. I think I succeeded.

Over & above IMO, thank the wife for me for the paint scheme!

I had to turn the AC on in traffic in Tucson. Started to stick to the vinyl seats.... It is fun chatting with people and watching the viewers wander by and listen to the comment. The trophies are just a bonus, like I said to threewood I wanted it to remind 80's kids of their teen years. I think I succeeded.
If I wanted to recreate my teen years I would have left the rust and added slotted rims and hijacker shocks:rofl:

Haha. I get what you are sa
It should be fairly obvious that my cars never looked like that :)

I grew up in the rust belt so rust was common in older cars. My 68 Charger leaked like a sieve. I wish mine had been nicer.

Kinda off-topic but got the heater hooked up in garage the other day & the wife said “it’s not straight”, lol, my sense of level has always been off. I told her the heater’s been hanging on the wall for 10+ yrs and you never said anything before? Well the Bee is out getting painted so a better view I guess. Heater was 1/2” off of vertical; how do they do that?!

Haha. I get what you are sa

I grew up in the rust belt so rust was common in older cars. My 68 Charger leaked like a sieve. I wish mine had been nicer.

As did I in central New York. My '68 C10 I built a wood box and found factory rocker panels that I pop riveted on (yea) and then sprayed it with a super cheap gun and cheap automotive paint. It looked ok from 3 feet. My Satellite I bought restored (now I know better restored is a strong word, flipped it what it would be called now) but it looked good.

Kinda off-topic but got the heater hooked up in garage the other day & the wife said “it’s not straight”, lol, my sense of level has always been off. I told her the heater’s been hanging on the wall for 10+ yrs and you never said anything before? Well the Bee is out getting painted so a better view I guess. Heater was 1/2” off of vertical; how do they do that?!

:rofl:

To put it back on topic the Bee has not been out of the garage in 10 years? You need to get that thing back on the road!

The color combo the wife picked just hits a spot with the public. If it were white and black like I wanted it would not get as much attention as it does now.

There is some truth to that. My other car ('69 Firebird 400) is yellow. I was going to paint it black or maybe dark gray, but went with the original color. It stands out for sure. Not sure I'd get the reactions if it were another color.

There is some truth to that. My other car ('69 Firebird 400) is yellow. I was going to paint it black or maybe dark gray, but went with the original color. It stands out for sure. Not sure I'd get the reactions if it were another color.

At the big show a bright (not factory) yellow Challenger won the Mopar class.

I agree the color and stripes turned out perfect and make the car a head turner. Glad my air cleaner theroy was proven correct.

Man that was some serious mopar old iron action at those shows. We don't get to many of those on the gulf coast. Just a flood of new mopars. Thanks for posting all the pictures.

:rofl:

To put it back on topic the Bee has not been out of the garage in 10 years? You need to get that thing back on the road!
Jim it sat for more like 15,lol. 2 jobs and then retirement hit so now have the time. Actually been on the road last summer&this year.Now getting a repaint.

Auto Transport Service
Back