• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet 500 spindles and hubs missing

68&70CORONET

Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
i have a 68 Coronet 500 two door HT with a 383. Un-restored. Its missing the spindles and hubs on the front. Will a 1970 Coronet spindles and hubs work or is it the same front end? Or where can i get these parts? Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds ripe for a disk conversion.

To answer your question, yes. Same parts 68 and 70.

Sounds ripe for a disk conversion.

To answer your question, yes. Same parts 68 and 70.

How about a 1968 Chrysler Newport 4 door or 1969 Dodge Polara 4 door? Is the front spindles and hubs the same for my 1968 Coronet? I have a lead on these two cars and can get the parts cheap.
Thanks, AL

I don't think so, but not 100% sure.

Those are C body cars.

Not quite the same. I'm sure the article states that F/M/J spindles are 3/8" taller than 60s and up to 72 B. F/M/J are the same as 37-79 B ISO K frame spindles.

OTOH Disk brake A body spindles with big ball joints ARE the same as 60s up to 72 B.

The big argument is if it matters and if so, how much and exactly how.

Not quite the same. I'm sure the article states that F/M/J spindles are 3/8" taller than 60s and up to 72 B. F/M/J are the same as 37-79 B ISO K frame spindles.

OTOH Disk brake A body spindles with big ball joints ARE the same as 60s up to 72 B.

The big argument is if it matters and if so, how much and exactly how.

I ate my words. I am in the process of pulling them from a junk yard. I found them yesterday and when I went back today to continue the work, I noticed that they are definitely not the same as the Bs. In my excitement finding them in a junk yard, untouched, I saw what I wanted to. Thanks for the correction!

...all that being said, I've noticed that F/M/J spindles don't last more than a week in all U-pull yards around here.

Apparently lots of folks are making them work.

I ran into a couple of guys that had a set in their wheelbarrow last year and commented per above- They said the slightly taller spindle actually worked better on their circle tack car.

Not sure what the rest of their car was, though.

Dr. Diff sell spindles and caliper adapters. A lot of times, people want more for their used stuff than he sells it for new.

How about a 1968 Chrysler Newport 4 door or 1969 Dodge Polara 4 door? Is the front spindles and hubs the same for my 1968 Coronet? I have a lead on these two cars and can get the parts cheap.
Thanks, AL
No, they will not swap out. Different critters altogether.

Auto Transport Service
Back