• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet Full quarter panels

Rob'68Net

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
Hi folks, just wondering if anyone knows a place that might have full quarters still avail. for a '68 Coronet. AMD recently discontinued them due to being a "slow mover". I was told the dies are still in Taiwan, but they won't stamp anymore unless they get a run of 1000 pieces. Anyhow kind of screws up my project plans. Thanks, Rob

That blows.
Looks like your gonna have to go old school on it and hunt down a parts car.

If you cannot find a pair of 68 quarter panels, then use 69 panels, and weld up the marker lights and drill the holes for the 68 marker lights.

If you cannot find a pair of 68 quarter panels, then use 69 panels, and weld up the marker lights and drill the holes for the 68 marker lights.
Are the 69 panels the same other that the marker lights? Same contour on top etc. ?

I would also say since AMD just discontinued the 68 Coronet rear quarter panels,if you shop around,you should be able to find one of AMDs vendors that still has some in stock. Try Stephens Performance.

I would also say since AMD just discontinued the 68 Coronet rear quarter panels,if you shop around,you should be able to find one of AMDs vendors that still has some in stock. Try Stephens Performance.
Thanks! Appreciate the info!

I was told by an AMD person that AMD was going to come out with a generic 68/69 quarter panel. You just have to make a cutout for the correct year side marker light that you have.

Try Summit Racing or Jegs. I know Summit has AMD and Goodmark skins:

gmk-2132-600-68r_w.jpg

Not sure about full quarters though.

I just checked Jegs… they claim they have full quarters - both left and right. But I've been bitten by Jegs before. They say they have something, but they'll be back-ordered for months and you have to keep hounding them. I'd call them first.

In addition to Stephens Performance, I would give Jeff at 521 Restorations a call.

Auto Transport Service
Back