• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Coronet R/T Convertible

SCNolin

Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I have just purchased a yellow 1968 Coronet R/T Convertible and I confirmed last week the car does have the numbers matching 440 and Transmission (torqueflite). been in storage since 2005 in Canada when imported. It has the fender tag and I have decoded part of the tag. This car is rusty in the rear and is dinged up but the floors etc. are pretty solid. It is original as it can be. It came out of Pennsylvania and into Canada in 2005. It still has the Pennsylvania license plate 78-79 and has a Potomac State College sticker on the rear window!!

I am looking for a trunk lid and front fenders mainly the driver side. Also it has been impacted to the trunk trim across the back of the trunk (same as the 500) is dented pretty badly. Any help is appreciated.

My friend recommended your site and in all my years I am new here. Thanks for the help!

20210130_154053.jpg 20210130_154213.jpg

Welcome and congrats on your purchase.

Good trunk lids and panels are difficult to find and expensive when you do but...they are out there. Good luck with your search.

Welcome from Missouri!! I do coronet's too, just a little older!!

I recall that car well. It sat perpendicular to Route 22 in Strodes Mills, Pa. circa 1994. Potomac State sticker and all...asking price was $5k at the time. Very happy to see it survived.

I just reread this. Mine came out of State College as well and was taken off the road in 1985 with a Pa plate on it. She had a 1968 State College Parking Permit on the rear bumper.

That is an awesome story! It came from Shope Motors in Huntingdon, PA originally. Any additional information you have I would appreciate it! Plates are from PA 78-79

looking nice

Not really... The guy who painted it barely hit the RF fender so when it was being color sanded we had a problem... Literally three swipes with 1200 grit & the color is transparent.... Haven't touched it in months...

Auto Transport Service
Back