• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 GTX Resto

I didn't notice a red rocker stripe on the tag? With the different body parts, anything is possible.

The paint scheme is so odd to me, especially for a GTX, you may have a unicorn.

Maybe Tony will give you some insight.
I messaged Tony and here was his reply after seeing the fender tag.

“ im seeing U = light blue + Q = red “

Now I’m totally confused LOL I should ask him to explain?

U = Light Blue Metallic
Q = in 66 = Red Metallic in 67 Q = Dark Red Metallic in 68 Q = Bright Blue Metallic

Under UBS U is upper door paint B is Buffed paint and S = Stripe...
U = Light Blue Metallic
3 = White Stripe

I messaged Tony and here was his reply after seeing the fender tag.

“ im seeing U = light blue + Q = red “

Now I’m totally confused LOL I should ask him to explain?

No need to be confused. Use the decoder for yourself. Make sure you line up the numbers correctly.

You posted the colour swatch for '68, it's not lying to you.

Tony just has his years mixed up. @1 Wild R/T has it right, would have been reds before '68.

Your X is very blue.

U = Light Blue Metallic
Q = in 66 = Red Metallic in 67 Q = Dark Red Metallic in 68 Q = Bright Blue Metallic

U = Light Blue Metallic
3 = White Stripe
Ok, right on! and thanks everyone. I’m definitely restoring back to original, my minds made up Tony also said that he believes it was ordered that way and agreed that it was a bit odd .. I like that. Now the only thing left to do is everything lol

Ok, right on! and thanks everyone. I’m definitely restoring back to original, my minds made up Tony also said that he believes it was ordered that way and agreed that it was a bit odd .. I like that. Now the only thing left to do is everything lol

That is awesome that you want to go back to original...you will never see another one I bet! Super cool car with a very unique paint and colour scheme! Please start a build thread so I can follow along. :thumbsup:

Just in case anyone else is confused on what colour went where on the car....I know I was having a hard time picturing it in my head. The body colour is QQ1 - Electric Blue Metallic, and the Roof colour is UU1 - Frost Blue Poly, and then a lower white horizontal stripe. And then a light blue bucket seat interior colour.

img_1301-jpeg.jpg

I didn't notice a red rocker stripe on the tag? With the different body parts, anything is possible.

The paint scheme is so odd to me, especially for a GTX, you may have a unicorn.

Maybe Tony will give you some insight.
Sorry…no red stripe, my boo boo there. I believe the rocker area stripe is “White”

Here is a pix of my 68 the day I got it loaded up to bring home. The red stripes were obviously changed from whiteIMG_0153-1.jpg by the original owner. But it is a factory two tone paint car: question, was the chrome trim used to separate the two colors, as used on all vinyl top cars, factory on all two tone cars? Ive seen them with and with out the trim.

I would assume (always a bad idea) and did in post #8 that the factory used the trim to separate the two-tone otherwise it would look weird. I'm sure I have seen a two-tone transition from roof to body without trim also, but not on a factory car.

Hello again! As I do not have a build sheet so, is there any way to determine the color of my headliner and carpet? I believe the carpet should be light blue but..... black headliner? i think white would look cool as well. Thoughts anyone lol. THANKS!!!

Hello again! As I do not have a build sheet so, is there any way to determine the color of my headliner and carpet? I believe the carpet should be light blue but..... black headliner? i think white would look cool as well. Thoughts anyone lol. THANKS!!!

Agree white would look good and go with the theme. But I got my money on blue originally.

Have you removed all the interior side trim yet? A lot of the time a small fargment of the headliner material will survive under it and can give you an idea of what colour it might have been. But most likely blue to match the interior.

Finally made it to the trailer and heading to my shop in the cariboo! Parts & panels are loaded

IMG_2108.jpeg

IMG_2107.jpeg

IMG_2114.jpeg

IMG_2115.jpeg

U = Light Blue Metallic

U = Light Blue Metallic
3 = White Stripe

Not a B body GTX but a white painted roof, separated with the stainless trim.
IMG_2859.jpeg

And a GTX being rescued some time back.
IMG_6671.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back