• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth GTX 440 4-speed Dana $2,500.00 ...... Numbered project car w/fender tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel_depetro

Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
A few months ago I really wanted a 'good numbered' B-body to work on and this is what I found. It is in fairly good condition compared to what I have seen sell lately, but obviously still needs to be restored. It is a 1968 Plymouth GTX 440 4-speed. It has a clear title, the dash VIN tag (RS23L9G266XXX), and even the original fender tag is in great condition. It matches the number on the radiator support also. It is an original medium blue metallic paint with white GTX stripes and it also has the performance hood treatment (blacked out hood scoop) and it is a blue interior car without a vynil top. It is an original 440 HP, course 18-spline HD 4-speed transmission, posi Dana 60 rear car (3.54:1 gears) vehicle. The original drivetrain is gone and there is a Mopar 8-3/4 rear under the car. Being a GTX it originally had the woodgrain Sport Satellite interior with bucket seats and a console. I have the buckets and a 1969-70 automatic console with the wood grain insert are included as well. In the photo the automatic top plate is missing but it is included. The dash is missing the gauge cluster but has the correct woodgrain paneling elsewhere. It will also come with the correct Hurst console shifter handle. There is also the chrome exhaust tips, 440 call outs for the hood, GTX emblem, and floor shift steering column. I also have some extra doors and windshields that go with the car as well. The original 4-speed pedals are still hanging in the car and the 4-speed hump is mint and intact. There are some door panels but they are pretty rough. There is misc. seat belts, lots of chrome/trim, headlights, fender mount turn indicators, side markers, wiring, ...
It has a brand new trunk floor installed and the rest of the floors look good. The drivers side by the gas pedal is getting thin. To make the car really nice it will need rear outer wheel housings, quarter panels, and some work around the windows. The front passenger side frame rail should be patched or capped. The rest are solid.
I found/purchased my dream car (1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee A12 M-code 440 six pack 4-speed) and am starting to realize that even though I want to I can't afford to save every mopar I find. This could be a very beautiful car if put back together.

The Magnum 500 wheels are not included. It will have (4) black steel wheels with tires that hold air.

I am in no rush to sell the car, however it will be a long time before I could get to it so I figured maybe someone else would like a high performance Mopar to build.

[email protected]
daniel_depetro @yahoo.com (without the space before the @)
(906) 273-0256

$2,500.00

dsc00891tb5.jpg

dsc00890sd1.jpg

dsc00857jd2.jpg

dsc00858yv7.jpg

p1030135ew6.jpg

rearundersidefj7.jpg

dsc00883oc0.jpg

dsc00892xz9.jpg

dashconsolesteeringcolubb2.jpg

1968plymouthgtxfendertaqz1.jpg

R = Plymouth
S = (price class) Special (GTX)
23 = (body code) 2-door hardtop

83 = (engine code) High Performance 440 cubic inch Plymouth 'Super Commando' big block wedge engine (375 horsepower & 480 lbs./ft. of torque)

3 = (transmission code) 4-speed heavy duty manual transmission

44 = (tire code) F 70 x 14-inch red stripe 2-4 ply tires (steel belt)

620 = (scheduled production date) June 20th, 1968

349408 = shipping order

1-9 = Wide sill mouldings

2-5 = Drip rail mouldings

7-8 = Wheel lip mouldings

68 = AX (rear axle & sure-grip code) Dana 60 rear end with 3.54:1 gears and sure grip (posi) differential

S6B = TRM (interior code) (sport interior, vinyl bucket seats, blue)

QQ1 = PNT (roof & body paint code) bright blue metallic/bright blue metallic monotone paint

U 3 = UBS (upper door paint, buffed paint, stripes/accent) light blue, xxxx, white horizontal sport stripes

A1 = 26-inch radiator

R1 = Music Master 2-watt AM radio

X2 = Tinted windshield only

Z8 = (special paint) performance hood treatment

a6 = Console

b4 = Bucket seats

h7 = Fender mounted turn signals

u1 = Sold car when built (someone ordered this specific car)

I am absolutely surprised that this car hasn't sold yet. I guess the economy is really in bad shape if nobody is spending money on excellent cars like this. Good luck!!

No, people are spending money. I've sold one for big money this year, and have bought two. I seriously considered this car first. but I think what is hurting it (did for me anyway) is the logistics of moving a car in pieces.

I wanted it. I just couldn't figure out how to move it without more than doubling the cost.

I could get it down there cheaper then $2,500.00!
I can haul the car as well.

The car is in pieces, However it is all tucked neatly inside so it is no different the hauling a regular car without a drivetrain to me. It's nice and lightweight even so three guys can push it on the trailer without a winch.

I am VERY surprised this car is still F/S!

i've had only really 4 very interested people in the car so far. One guy is probably going to take it. I'll let everyone know if/when it sells. Until then LETS MAKE A DEAL!...lol

I am glad I do own any money on anything am am swimming in debt like the rest of america apparently is.

No, people are spending money. I've sold one for big money this year

I believe that I may have a keen insight into this statement...was it a B5 colored A12 with NO TIRES...???!!! Some people will buy anything...:rolling:

Ray

I believe that I may have a keen insight into this statement...was it a B5 colored A12 with NO TIRES...???!!! Some people will buy anything...:rolling:

Ray

I have NO idea what you're talking about:edgy:

:rolling:

I could get it down there cheaper then $2,500.00!
I can haul the car as well.

The car is in pieces, However it is all tucked neatly inside so it is no different the hauling a regular car without a drivetrain to me. It's nice and lightweight even so three guys can push it on the trailer without a winch.

I am VERY surprised this car is still F/S!

i've had only really 4 very interested people in the car so far. One guy is probably going to take it. I'll let everyone know if/when it sells. Until then LETS MAKE A DEAL!...lol

I am glad I do own any money on anything am am swimming in debt like the rest of america apparently is.

Dan, I can't believe this thing is still for sale. Everytime I see it, I think how can I swing this one, only to be followed up by yet another big bite out of the ol' reality sandwich. I hope it goes to a good home.

Hahaha...Yeah I unserstand all about that sour sandwhich you speak of.

I had one very interested buyer. We talked for an hour or so and he seemed very satisfied with the transaction. His buddy had the exact same GTX (, color combos). He sent me a Paypal deposit put a deposit down on it only to call back the next day and ask if it could be refunded because he thought it would be a little weird having two identical cars...I told him to paint it a different color. Thay do not all have to be original.

I will list it on eBay this weekend.if it doesn't sell on there, I'll have to part it out.
I don't really want to get rid of it, especially this cheap, however I really need to get a small building up to store my other cars/parts. All these cars & parts I have and I do not even have a garage for them.

my god, someone please buy this car!
this is a steal!

I wish i knew where you were when I was up to Au Train this past summer (vaction). I would of made looked U up . Shoot I was there with the Family biking the bike trail.
Plan on going back next summer(vaction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back