• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth GTX, frame off resto.......Really ??? Again ???

indeed, maybe the term is not the right one, and that restoration rotisserie is more apropriate, but I am not American and I was not on the exact term.
Maybe a simple explanation would be smarter than mockery, don’t you think?
or to give interesting advice or congratulations to stay stuck on a term?
A bit of a shame to receive such messages for such a car, no need haters.
respect and politeness please.
We have fun here.
Some folks don't get that.

By the same token though - that broken, inaccurate, tired old "frame off" crap you see in so many descriptions of Mopars
for sale specifically deserves being made fun of - mostly because that's how a non-Mopar person would try
to hype up the condition of their cars, like a Chebby or Ford guy would.

Yes, a rotisserie restoration would be far more appropriate in describing a car - that is, if it actually was one. :thumbsup:
In the meantime, we're going to continue to poke a little fun on this forum if it's all the same....

Typically the term 'Frame-off restoration' is used by Chevy guys......guys that have no business messing with a Mopar in the first place.

View attachment 1627159
this.jpg

Sure! You just use the acetylene "hot wrench" to unbolt it. LOL

I know people who have either bought the "Frame-off restoration" cars or had to repair the same cars.....and in their experiences, the cars were not really up to scratch, so I am not changing my opinion in any sort of a hurry.

I saw a "100-point show-winning" Chevy Impala a few years back at my painter friend's shop. It came in soon after being imported with what looked like two small blemishes in the magnificent looking black paint. After about four days of getting back to clean usable steel, you could put your entire arm through each of the holes.

Needless to say the new owner was devastated....and out of pocket even more than expected.

I know people who have either bought the "Frame-off restoration" cars, or had to repair the same cars.....and in their experiences, the cars were not really up to scratch, so I am not changing my opinion in any sort of a hurry.

I saw a "100 point show-winning"Chevy Impala a few years back at my painter friends shop. It cam ein soon after being imported with what looked like two small blemishes in the magnificent looking black paint. After about four days of getting back to clean usable steel, you could put your entire arm through each of the holes.

Needless to say the new owner was devastated....and out of pocket even more than expected.

That's the Silk Purse out of a Pigs Ear saying.

Watching a Boyd Coddington show years ago, they were waiting on the rear taillights to come back from the chrome plater for a beautiful red and white '55 Chevy. It was the last piece to finish the restoration as the owner was showing up at anytime. They received them at the last minute and as the guy was installing one the cameraman zoomed in and you could see into the quarter panel. It was solid rust! Completely turned me off to any Boyd Coddington cars.

It would help clarify things if postings included what country you were from. Your knowledge of MOPARS. In our local club you are open for comments if something is ESPECIALY not correct, and you are a long term member. These comments are made low key.
Most would not take apart a new member’s ride because of wrong parts. These new members are there for help and to learn.

It would help clarify things if postings included what country you were from. Your knowledge of MOPARS. In our local club you are open for comments if something is ESPECIALY not correct, and you are a long term member. These comments are made low key.
Most would not take apart a new member’s ride because of wrong parts. These new members are there for help and to learn.
When I was heavily involved in our local Muscle Car Club, we used to get applications every month. One guy applied with an '85 or near Firebird that was in a state of disrepair. Not being up to scratch condition wise was a downer....but when I read the application out to the members that night, everyone was in tears laughing. The guy had written all this stuff that his car had including specific parts like the hypereutectic pistons, airhorns, shaved door handles.....etc

The clincher came when he supplied a web address to some music he had composed and performed....like YouTube but more primitive. It took a while for the laughter to subside, and the application was politely rejected. Fell outside the criteria anyway.

Meetings were fun when I was secretary......five years of it. :)

Technically possible, if you consider four separate parts to be a "frame"...

...but highly unlikely in 99% of the cases.

But, but, but, the corvette I sold to buy this B Body had a frame off done!?! They left that part out.

Auto Transport Service
Back