• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Plymouth GTX

Here's the Service Manual picture. It appears they want to hold that adjusting rod in place.

1709864262761.png

Piece of foam as an anti rattle between the fork and rod. Also holds it in place to put the assembly in the door.

Looking for door glass channels and quarter window front edge rubber.
They offer flocked and unflocked and I have no idea what my car came with?

Any suggestions on kits available? It seems buying the individual parts adds up very quickly.

Still waiting for my $200+ window channels and seals to arrive. :rolleyes:
Going to put the car back on the rotisserie while I wait. Still need to install the fuel tank, shocks, etc.

I have figured everything out except the upper bolt. And yes, Year One finally got my order filled. They claimed the first shipment was lost during shipping.

In the picture below, looking to the right side, you see the lower attaching bracket and bolts. It is the one directly above that which I am not certain about. Anybody have a picture of that bolt?

Door Glass 013.jpg

Now if you had of asked yesterday... lol. The bolt for the upper hole is about 1.75" long, captive washer

Turns out my original order from YearOne somehow got lost during shipping.
They sent out another order which arrived in a couple of days.

Today I installed the front channel guide and rear seal in the back channel guide.
New Front Window Channel.jpg

New Rear Window Channel Seal.jpg

I looked long and hard for the adjuster rod retainer but really couldn't find anything that looked like the picture in my Service Manual.
So I decided to make my own out of rubber fuel line.

Adjuster Anti-ratlle Retainer.JPG

The rod will move when pressure is applied and the rubber will hold it in place.
Please let me know if there is more to it than this?

By the way, the original order from Year One arrived about a week ago. Since it was $186.81 with shipping, I contacted them about returning the unopened package to them. They have never responded to me. So anyone needing a set of these, I can make you a sweet deal on them.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back