• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 road runner trunk trim panel

snt21482

Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the color code or the color name for the red stripe that is on the trim panel on 68 road runner thanks.

Steve.

No clue....but lets have a beer and think about it :eek:ccasion14:

Red-Stripe-Jamaican-Lager-6-Pack-Bottle.jpg

Red-Stripe-Jamaican-Lager-6-Pack-Bottle.jpg

DupliColor T288 Dark Toreador Red is supposed to be a good match.

Totally Auto might sell that in a rattle can.

I'm not 100% sure what the real name of the real color is, or the actual "Chrysler/Plymouth" color code {IRRC it was Garnet Red, don't quote me on that, all the Garnet Reds I found, really didn't look right on the panel, in the sunlight thou}, I found a color from Ace Hardware Krylon {12oz. rattle can} #2101 Cherry Red Gloss, matched really well, almost the same color as the tail-lites too...

Attachments

• 68 RR rear truck trim panel color Krylon 2101 Cherry Red Gloss #1.jpg
    68 RR rear truck trim panel color Krylon 2101 Cherry Red Gloss #1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 168
  • 68 RR rear trunk trim panel color Krylon 2101 Cherry Red Gloss #2 Ace Hardware.jpg
    68 RR rear trunk trim panel color Krylon 2101 Cherry Red Gloss #2 Ace Hardware.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 68 RR #10 Apr 26 2011.JPG
    68 RR #10 Apr 26 2011.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 150
That's a damn good idea...

- - - Updated - - -

ok that is what I will go with...thanks I cant find any info on it at all.

I had my aluminum trunk tail trim, polished and now I wish to finish it, I read the large stripe is Painted on, an what black paint ( semi.flat glossy is used, or was it vinyl?) any thought on filling in the recessed words "PLYMOUTH" I'm now 65 and forgotten much, thanks

like above, it's a Garnet
but this was the best match I could find
Cherry Red Gloss
68 RR rear trunk trim panel color Krylon 2101 Cherry Red Gloss #1.JPG

68 RR LL1 10-29-2017 #3a PS rear.JPG

68 RR rear trunk trim panel color Krylon 2101 Cherry Red Gloss #2 Ace Hardware.JPG

The red part should be almost the color of the tail ights in the daytime... Pretty much a dark red.........................MO
4.jpg
IMG_0213.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG
IMG_0214.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back