• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 1968 Roadrunner Easy Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had over 1600 views of this post, is there anyone seriously interested in this car? Price is always negotiable. Let's get creative. Got a hemi in your garage and no car to put it in, I'd consider selling the car without the drive train. I'm open to discussion. If anybody has any questions, PM me.

I have had over 1600 views of this post, is there anyone seriously interested in this car? Price is always negotiable. Let's get creative. Got a hemi in your garage and no car to put it in, I'd consider selling the car without the drive train. I'm open to discussion. If anybody has any questions, PM me.

Could sure use the right fender. How much?

Well call me an idiot, but I bout a my 72 charger rally last year from Cally for $6600 + shipping which put it up to damn near 8k and everything needs work. Drivetrain, body, electrical, interior. So I know what the cost of doing a non popular Mopar is.

IMO this is a little high but really fair price. Could knock off the the freight cost and it would probably sell better. But with having the extra parts, that might make it harder. Unless you can install the engine and fit the rest in the car. I also think that Cally cars are worth it to spend money on. The rusted car's everywhere else are crazy to start with.

Good luck with the sale :)

Creative? Ok lets give this a try. If that is a two door hardtop, I would be interested in the roadrunner with all your body parts and all the interior parts and a radiator if you have one. I don't need the engine and driveline. I would trade you straight across for a "real" Harley chopper. Less the engine and tranny. Everything else is there.
Non of that Orange County and belly button new style custom motorcycle that doesn't have a Harley part on them. This is a early 70's style real Harley Chopper. Hand built by a well known in the area Harley builder----ME
FRAME
1965-1969 Harley swing arm
-front down tubes lengthened
-back bone lengthened
-stock neck trimmed and smoothed
-top motor mount lengthened (custom made)
-Vertical frame post under seat lengthened ( plenty of room under backbone for an Evolution or stroker engine.
- solo seat custom made for this MC.
-Rear fender, modified knucklehead front fender (Lotta work making that fit right.)
- cats eye tail light and hand built tail light and license plate mount.
-custom designed and built chrome rear fender struts. Lotta-Lotta work!
-Shorter rear shocks with chrome springs.
-Chrome rim and spokes with slightly larger than stock rear tire.
- Big Harley caliper and rotor rear brake(hydraulic with custom brake pedal)
-One of a kind hand built side by side drag pipes
-All old school style foot pegs, shifter- brake pedals and all linkage.
- Custom gas tank, looks like the two halves of a stock early Harley tank welded together with two gas caps--no dash.
- Chrome coil mounted to the frame, below the gas tank.
- tranny mount plate and engine skid plate-
FRONT FORKS
- 21" narrow front chrome rim and spokes.
- Hard to find and expensive chrome Harley "star" hub.
- No front brake ( old school) Big rear brake will do the job.
- smoothed and polished Harley lower fork legs (overhauled)
- 10" over , chrome fork tubes.
- rare early Harley wide glide triple trees.
- Bates round headlight.
- Rare early Harley handlebar risers, with early top cover.
- Flanders medium height "ape- hanger" handlebars.
- Bates old school chrome clutch lever. Prolly other stuff I forget right now.
This Chopper sits low to the ground, Built in the early 70's style with real Harley parts. You wont see another just like it. Several trophys winner if you want them.

If this trade sounds interesting to you, send me a private message........................MO

Creative? Ok lets give this a try. If that is a two door hardtop, I would be interested in the roadrunner with all your body parts and all the interior parts and a radiator if you have one. I don't need the engine and driveline. I would trade you straight across for a "real" Harley chopper. Less the engine and tranny. Everything else is there.
Non of that Orange County and belly button new style custom motorcycle that doesn't have a Harley part on them. This is a early 70's style real Harley Chopper. Hand built by a well known in the area Harley builder----ME
FRAME
1965-1969 Harley swing arm
-front down tubes lengthened
-back bone lengthened
-stock neck trimmed and smoothed
-top motor mount lengthened (custom made)
-Vertical frame post under seat lengthened ( plenty of room under backbone for an Evolution or stroker engine.
- solo seat custom made for this MC.
-Rear fender, modified knucklehead front fender (Lotta work making that fit right.)
- cats eye tail light and hand built tail light and license plate mount.
-custom designed and built chrome rear fender struts. Lotta-Lotta work!
-Shorter rear shocks with chrome springs.
-Chrome rim and spokes with slightly larger than stock rear tire.
- Big Harley caliper and rotor rear brake(hydraulic with custom brake pedal)
-One of a kind hand built side by side drag pipes
-All old school style foot pegs, shifter- brake pedals and all linkage.
- Custom gas tank, looks like the two halves of a stock early Harley tank welded together with two gas caps--no dash.
- Chrome coil mounted to the frame, below the gas tank.
- tranny mount plate and engine skid plate-
FRONT FORKS
- 21" narrow front chrome rim and spokes.
- Hard to find and expensive chrome Harley "star" hub.
- No front brake ( old school) Big rear brake will do the job.
- smoothed and polished Harley lower fork legs (overhauled)
- 10" over , chrome fork tubes.
- rare early Harley wide glide triple trees.
- Bates round headlight.
- Rare early Harley handlebar risers, with early top cover.
- Flanders medium height "ape- hanger" handlebars.
- Bates old school chrome clutch lever. Prolly other stuff I forget right now.
This Chopper sits low to the ground, Built in the early 70's style with real Harley parts. You wont see another just like it. Several trophys winner if you want them.

If this trade sounds interesting to you, send me a private message........................MO

That is definitely creative and almost doable. I'm not a bike guy, so I would need to sell the bike. The problem is, I need SOME cash. The reason I'm parting with the car in the first place, is I currently need some money. If it was a trade where I clear around $5000 or more in cash and an item that I could sell over time and end up close to what I would take for the car, I'd do it. Also, I don't want another project that I would have to spend my time and my money on just to resale. How about you sell your Harley with out the drive train, and buy my Roadrunner with out the drive train? Then we both win. Thanks for the offer!!

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you can install the engine and fit the rest in the car. I also think that Cally cars are worth it to spend money on. The rusted car's everywhere else are crazy to start with.

Good luck with the sale :)
If needed, I could mount the engine and trans for shipping. The rest of the parts ARE currently inside the car. Also, if the shipping is stopping anyone from making an offer, make one with the shipping included. If I can make it work, I will. Thanks!!

I would love to have the car it matches my 69 rr. But I am on the east coast and would have to do some trading.

I would love to have the car it matches my 69 rr. But I am on the east coast and would have to do some trading.
If you are serious, PM me.

For everyone out there looking at this ad, I am willing to deliver to anywhere in the lower 48 states. If we can come up with an agreeable price, I'll include delivery. PM me for more info.

if you would have posted pics with rear tires and wheels on it without the jack stands, it would have looked a little less like a project :)

if you would have posted pics with rear tires and wheels on it without the jack stands, it would have looked a little less like a project :)
I would have preferred to have had it on its tires, but they were rotting off the rims. I have got some rollers for it and will retake the pics and repost. Thanks for your input.

Give it time.I see you have it listed on the bag.What i would do is put a reserve on it and start with a lower like $500 opening bid as see where it goes.My 2 cents worth.

heres one on cl Los Angeles. 1969, looks like it doesnt run. so your price is looking good:)
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/3679257728.html

I would have preferred to have had it on its tires, but they were rotting off the rims. I have got some rollers for it and will retake the pics and repost. Thanks for your input.

Kool. that will help some folks 'envision' what it can be.

Give it time.I see you have it listed on the bag.What i would do is put a reserve on it and start with a lower like $500 opening bid as see where it goes.My 2 cents worth.
Thanks I did the reserve with $1000 starting bid. It already has bids from some non-serious bidders. Hopefully someone serious will come along and get it bid up. If it gets close to the reserve, I may sell it for the high bid. I appreciate your input.

- - - Updated - - -

heres one on cl Los Angeles. 1969, looks like it doesnt run. so your price is looking good:)
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/3679257728.html
If someone buys mine on Ebay, they'll get it cheaper than that one. Thanks for sharing the link.

- - - Updated - - -

Kool. that will help some folks 'envision' what it can be.
Will do it this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back