• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Roadrunner Question.

prhousejr

Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
What is the correct term, or name of the wide chrome piece that is on the trunk lid between the tail lights. Did some 68 model Runners not have these panels?

What is the correct term, or name of the wide chrome piece that is on the trunk lid between the tail lights. Did some 68 model Runners not have these panels?

The tail panel.

The tail panel was optional on Coupes. It came when you ordered the optional Decor Package. The tail panel was standard on hard tops.

So yes, some 68 RR's do not have the panel.

I didn't know what it was called either!!!
Mine is a coupe, but the trunk lid was changed a long time ago.
I like it with the trim piece on better.

running012.jpg

Last edited:
Early on Road runners were a bare bones car. I think later they wer offered w/ upgraded
int & outside mldgs & thge year applique. I thgink that's the right term I'll look it up in the parts book.

Anyone?????
Trunck Finish Panel, need one? As stated all RM23 (hard top) cars came with the decor trim, RM23 was also a mid year intro to the Road Runner. It was a option package on the RM21's (coupe) called Decor Package. Decor includes: the H (high) int.--- carpet, chrome arm rest bases, rear ash trays, deluxe steering wheel and different seat pattern, (it's really only a Satellite int.), trunk finish panel, and RM21 coupe's got the B piller stainless trim

1moparts 004.JPG

ummmm (clearing throat) the car under the tarp on the trailer:edgy:

ummmm (clearing throat) the car under the tarp on the trailer:edgy:
Thread is about RR trunk finish panel, pic is of a trunck finish panel. But if you want to know about the car, it's a parts car.

There should be no 61 to 70 B body parts cars. They are all restoreable with the metal we have today.

Thread is about RR trunk finish panel, pic is of a trunck finish panel. But if you want to know about the car, it's a parts car.

I know what the thread is about.

damn..........I'm sorry I asked about your car.

damn..........I'm sorry I asked about your car.[/QUOT

Don't know what your sore about, you asked I told. Sorry I didn't know your hobbit term there, never heard that before. It's a 68 RR parts car, I have it listed in the parts section.

There should be no 61 to 70 B body parts cars. They are all restoreable with the metal we have today.
It's for sale, piece by piece or whole. The car is rusty and will need rear frame rails, full qrts ,ft floor pans, trunk floor, doors, fenders, and a deck lid. Yes I have seen just as bad repaired, but don't think it's worth the $$ in the long run. It does have a title, the fender tag is there as is the rad #'s and the section of trunk gutter that rusted off that still has the #'s on it also. I also have the # of the guy who has the org 383. So ya it may be worth saving for someone but I can't do it.

Auto Transport Service
Back