• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Sport Satellite

zslacker

Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
Pulled this out of the southern California desert. Fairly complete Sport Satellite, 383 4 speed blue with black interior. Original engine is gone but pretty much everything else is there including the groovy inland shifter, 323 suregrip, the buddy seat etc. It was last registered in 1987. It has the clock in the dash which I havent seen very often and that beautiful finish panel that only came on the Sport Satellite and the GTX. Not very much rust at all. I'm doing the brakes on it now and will drop in a 440 in August and see how it goes.

70095673859__69CE0710-9971-475D-B187-78720E4E01AA.JPG

IMG_4110.JPG

68interior.JPG

IMG_4104.JPG

IMG_4102.JPG

Nice, drop that 440 in and cruise it just as is for awhile.

It always amazes me to hear of a car that has been OFF the road far longer than it was ever ON.

Nice score! From another 68 sport sat big block vert owner..

I never thought of it that way, its an interesting way to look at it.
I have one of those...My "Jigsaw" Charger:

XH 51 A.jpg

It was wrecked sometime in 1994, 24 years after it was sold. I bought it in 2019 so it had sat 24 years.

It is a runner now though.....

1 lights 4.jpg

JF 1.JPG

JF 7.JPG

my GTX spent 21 years on the road, 35 off.........not a record I'm proud of

I'm just saving the best for last, yeah, that's it

A big-block 4-speed Sport Satellite ?? Bingo !! Won't see those around, even when new not a common sight. Keep that baby a Sport Satellite, love it !

Love it I have only seen one and it was in a junkyard crazy thing is nothing was missing off it .

Nice score. I agree with Robby - keep it a Satellite. When I bought the Coronet 500, I was flirting with the idea of making her a Bee clone, but soon realized I have never seen another '68 500 at a show or on the road... and still haven't! Now that she's (mostly) done, I'm so glad I made that decision.

I've got a factory big block 4 speed 68 Sport Satellite out in the garage. It's waiting it's turn to get worked on. New paint, interior and glass are the biggies.
IMG_20220212_161319393.jpg

A big-block 4-speed Sport Satellite ?? Bingo !! Won't see those around, even when new not a common sight. Keep that baby a Sport Satellite, love it !
Youre right, I looked at production numbers and there were twice as many roadrunners were made. I've seen GTX's but none of these. I'll keep it a Sport Satellite!

great car. I’d keep it a satellite too.

Scv?

Auto Transport Service
Back