• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 superbee mini tubs ?

bigbother14

Local time
11:42 AM
Reaction score
Hello all and happy new year. I’m planning to add Mini tubs to my superbee but I have a few questions. I’m getting the inners 3” tubs from amd will this require more modifications then cutting the truck pan and seat pan. Or do I also need to relocate the leaf spring mounts ? And what’s the biggest tire wheel size can I get into the stock tubs if I can get a good size wheel to get a tougher look I might not go thru all the trouble and expense

I have 3" wider wheel tubs in my Challenger and springs moved in board to the frame rails. I can fit a 315/60/15 Drag Radials or 29.5x10.5W's on 15x12 wheels which measure about 15-1/2" at the sidewalls.

Stock wheel house 12.5" tire is no problem...
To use the extra 3" you move the spring into the frame rail... Pretty easy conversion that was done allot in the 70's, 80's & 90's... Not so much anymore since the cars aren't as common or cheap as they once were....

Get the right offset when and fill up the stock wheel tub.

it’s a big job getting those tubs in there.

Stock wheel house 12.5" tire is no problem...
To use the extra 3" you move the spring into the frame rail... Pretty easy conversion that was done allot in the 70's, 80's & 90's... Not so much anymore since the cars aren't as common or cheap as they once were....
Get the right offset when and fill up the stock wheel tub.

it’s a big job getting those tubs in there.
Cool so I can get *** close at possible to the quarter lip it measures 14 3/4”from the inner well to the quarter lip 12.5 is pretty wide il just order the stock inner tubs no need to extra work and expense thanks for the information

Auto Transport Service
Back